Injury to Adams postpones world title fight
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams has had to postpone her planned bout against WBO world flyweight champion Arely Mucino because of injury.
Adams was due to compete in her maiden world title fight on a busy Frank Warren show at the Royal Albert Hall on March 8.
However, an injury sustained by the 36-year-old in preparation for that fight has seen it postponed until later this year.
It is a blow for the two-time Olympic champion, who has five wins from five fights since turning professional in April 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Adams’ most recent bout was in October as she beat Mexican foe Isabel Millan on points at the Leicester Arena.
Of Adams’ five wins in the paid ranks, three of those have come by way of knockout.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Helen Allingham's Hampstead watercolour up for auction
The 36-year-old will hope to add Mucino’s name to that list in the rearranged title fight.
First, though, her focus will be on returning to full fitness to ensure she is in the best shape possible for that bout.