Injury to Adams postpones world title fight
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams has had to postpone her planned bout against WBO world flyweight champion Arely Mucino because of injury.
Adams was due to compete in her maiden world title fight on a busy Frank Warren show at the Royal Albert Hall on March 8.
However, an injury sustained by the 36-year-old in preparation for that fight has seen it postponed until later this year.
It is a blow for the two-time Olympic champion, who has five wins from five fights since turning professional in April 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Adams’ most recent bout was in October as she beat Mexican foe Isabel Millan on points at the Leicester Arena.
Of Adams’ five wins in the paid ranks, three of those have come by way of knockout.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
The 36-year-old will hope to add Mucino’s name to that list in the rearranged title fight.
First, though, her focus will be on returning to full fitness to ensure she is in the best shape possible for that bout.