Adams claims interim world title
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams is the new interim WBO world super flyweight champion after beating Isabel Millan in Leicester on Saturday.
Adams claimed the belt in just her fifth professional fight, but was made to work hard by the Mexican at the Leicester Arena.
The 35-year-old had to use all of her boxing skill against an opponent who continued to come forward for all 10 rounds.
The two-time Olympic champion kept slamming in head punches which did not seem to have any affect on Millan.
You may also want to watch:
Thankfully, all three judges voted in favour of Adams, who is due to fight for the full world title in Manchester on December 22.
Tottenham lightweight Jeffrey Ofori will challenge the reigning Southern Area champion Jumanne Camero on a Goodwin promotion this Saturday.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
Unbeaten in seven bouts since turning professional in May 2017, Ofori will take on Camero at the Tottenham Green Pools & Fitness Centre.