Adams claims interim world title
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams is the new interim WBO world super flyweight champion after beating Isabel Millan in Leicester on Saturday.
Adams claimed the belt in just her fifth professional fight, but was made to work hard by the Mexican at the Leicester Arena.
The 35-year-old had to use all of her boxing skill against an opponent who continued to come forward for all 10 rounds.
The two-time Olympic champion kept slamming in head punches which did not seem to have any affect on Millan.
You may also want to watch:
Thankfully, all three judges voted in favour of Adams, who is due to fight for the full world title in Manchester on December 22.
Tottenham lightweight Jeffrey Ofori will challenge the reigning Southern Area champion Jumanne Camero on a Goodwin promotion this Saturday.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 3 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 7 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 8 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
Unbeaten in seven bouts since turning professional in May 2017, Ofori will take on Camero at the Tottenham Green Pools & Fitness Centre.