Adams primed for shot at world title
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Ex-Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams is back in the ring at the Leicester Arena on Saturday as she fights for the interim WBO world flyweight title.
The 35-year-old faces Mexico’s Isabel Millan for the strap on a Frank Warren promotion that will be screened live by BT Sport.
Adams, who is known as ‘The Lioness’, will hope to secure a world title in just her fifth fight since turning professional last year.
The two-time Olympic gold medallist was last in action in May when she stopped Soledad del Valle Frias in Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
Adams will look for another stoppage again on Saturday, but faces a tough opponent in Millan.
Previously the WBF world flyweight champion, the 33-year-old Mexican has a record that stands at 22 wins, four losses and one draw.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 9 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
Millan’s last defeat came when fighting Naoko Fujioka for the WBA world flyweight title in March last year, but Adams hopes that changes this weekend.