Adams primed for shot at world title
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Ex-Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams is back in the ring at the Leicester Arena on Saturday as she fights for the interim WBO world flyweight title.
The 35-year-old faces Mexico’s Isabel Millan for the strap on a Frank Warren promotion that will be screened live by BT Sport.
Adams, who is known as ‘The Lioness’, will hope to secure a world title in just her fifth fight since turning professional last year.
The two-time Olympic gold medallist was last in action in May when she stopped Soledad del Valle Frias in Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
Adams will look for another stoppage again on Saturday, but faces a tough opponent in Millan.
Previously the WBF world flyweight champion, the 33-year-old Mexican has a record that stands at 22 wins, four losses and one draw.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
Millan’s last defeat came when fighting Naoko Fujioka for the WBA world flyweight title in March last year, but Adams hopes that changes this weekend.