Adams primed for shot at world title
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Ex-Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams is back in the ring at the Leicester Arena on Saturday as she fights for the interim WBO world flyweight title.
The 35-year-old faces Mexico’s Isabel Millan for the strap on a Frank Warren promotion that will be screened live by BT Sport.
Adams, who is known as ‘The Lioness’, will hope to secure a world title in just her fifth fight since turning professional last year.
The two-time Olympic gold medallist was last in action in May when she stopped Soledad del Valle Frias in Leeds.
Adams will look for another stoppage again on Saturday, but faces a tough opponent in Millan.
Previously the WBF world flyweight champion, the 33-year-old Mexican has a record that stands at 22 wins, four losses and one draw.
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 5 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 9 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 10 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
Millan’s last defeat came when fighting Naoko Fujioka for the WBA world flyweight title in March last year, but Adams hopes that changes this weekend.