Adams primed for shot at world title
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Ex-Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams is back in the ring at the Leicester Arena on Saturday as she fights for the interim WBO world flyweight title.
The 35-year-old faces Mexico’s Isabel Millan for the strap on a Frank Warren promotion that will be screened live by BT Sport.
Adams, who is known as ‘The Lioness’, will hope to secure a world title in just her fifth fight since turning professional last year.
The two-time Olympic gold medallist was last in action in May when she stopped Soledad del Valle Frias in Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
Adams will look for another stoppage again on Saturday, but faces a tough opponent in Millan.
Previously the WBF world flyweight champion, the 33-year-old Mexican has a record that stands at 22 wins, four losses and one draw.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 10 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
Millan’s last defeat came when fighting Naoko Fujioka for the WBA world flyweight title in March last year, but Adams hopes that changes this weekend.