Adams primed for shot at world title
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Ex-Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams is back in the ring at the Leicester Arena on Saturday as she fights for the interim WBO world flyweight title.
The 35-year-old faces Mexico’s Isabel Millan for the strap on a Frank Warren promotion that will be screened live by BT Sport.
Adams, who is known as ‘The Lioness’, will hope to secure a world title in just her fifth fight since turning professional last year.
The two-time Olympic gold medallist was last in action in May when she stopped Soledad del Valle Frias in Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
Adams will look for another stoppage again on Saturday, but faces a tough opponent in Millan.
Previously the WBF world flyweight champion, the 33-year-old Mexican has a record that stands at 22 wins, four losses and one draw.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 6 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 7 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?
Millan’s last defeat came when fighting Naoko Fujioka for the WBA world flyweight title in March last year, but Adams hopes that changes this weekend.