Adams primed for shot at world title
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Ex-Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams is back in the ring at the Leicester Arena on Saturday as she fights for the interim WBO world flyweight title.
The 35-year-old faces Mexico’s Isabel Millan for the strap on a Frank Warren promotion that will be screened live by BT Sport.
Adams, who is known as ‘The Lioness’, will hope to secure a world title in just her fifth fight since turning professional last year.
The two-time Olympic gold medallist was last in action in May when she stopped Soledad del Valle Frias in Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
Adams will look for another stoppage again on Saturday, but faces a tough opponent in Millan.
Previously the WBF world flyweight champion, the 33-year-old Mexican has a record that stands at 22 wins, four losses and one draw.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 6 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Millan’s last defeat came when fighting Naoko Fujioka for the WBA world flyweight title in March last year, but Adams hopes that changes this weekend.