Adams to fight Millan in world title fight
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams will fight for the interim WBO world flyweight title at the Leicester Arena on October 6.
The two-time Olympic champion will take on Mexico’s Isabel Millan in her first world title fight since turning pro last year.
It comes in just Adams’ fifth bout in the paid ranks, having won all four of her previous fights with three of those successes coming by way of knockout.
The 35-year-old was last in action in May when stopping Soledad del Valle Frias in the first round of their contest at Leeds’ Elland Road Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Known as ‘The Lioness’, Adams is one of the most successful British amateur boxers of all time.
As well as her two Olympic gold medals, Adams also won gold at the Commonwealth Games and European Championships, and was also a world champion in her amateur days, but will now hope to become a world champion in the pro game in October.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar