Adams to fight Millan in world title fight
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams will fight for the interim WBO world flyweight title at the Leicester Arena on October 6.
The two-time Olympic champion will take on Mexico’s Isabel Millan in her first world title fight since turning pro last year.
It comes in just Adams’ fifth bout in the paid ranks, having won all four of her previous fights with three of those successes coming by way of knockout.
The 35-year-old was last in action in May when stopping Soledad del Valle Frias in the first round of their contest at Leeds’ Elland Road Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Known as ‘The Lioness’, Adams is one of the most successful British amateur boxers of all time.
As well as her two Olympic gold medals, Adams also won gold at the Commonwealth Games and European Championships, and was also a world champion in her amateur days, but will now hope to become a world champion in the pro game in October.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens