Adams to fight Millan in world title fight
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Former Haringey Police amateur Nicola Adams will fight for the interim WBO world flyweight title at the Leicester Arena on October 6.
The two-time Olympic champion will take on Mexico’s Isabel Millan in her first world title fight since turning pro last year.
It comes in just Adams’ fifth bout in the paid ranks, having won all four of her previous fights with three of those successes coming by way of knockout.
The 35-year-old was last in action in May when stopping Soledad del Valle Frias in the first round of their contest at Leeds’ Elland Road Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Known as ‘The Lioness’, Adams is one of the most successful British amateur boxers of all time.
As well as her two Olympic gold medals, Adams also won gold at the Commonwealth Games and European Championships, and was also a world champion in her amateur days, but will now hope to become a world champion in the pro game in October.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 6 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 7 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?