UCS Old Boys aim to get back to winning ways at Actonians
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys beaten 33-7 at home to Hitchin last weekend
UCS Old Boys will bid to return to winning ways in Herts/Middlesex One when they visit Actonians on Saturday.
Old Boys suffered a disappointing result last weekend as they went down 33-7 at home to leaders Hitchin.
Despite the final score, UCS took the lead in that game as the crossed through a brilliant solo try from Ben Brooks with Corne Jansen van Vuuren adding the extras.
A try in the final play of the first half saw Hitchin go into half-time level at 7-7, before kicking on after the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Despite big hits from centre pairing Chris Bean and Tom Arnold, Old Boys were unable to keep pace with Hitchin’s scoring in the second period.
With the defeat, UCS saw their winning run come to an end with the team having won their previous two games prior to last weekend.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 6 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 7 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 8 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'State pension must be raised or older people face a dismal future'
Old Boys will look to get back on the winning trail as soon as possible and are sure to fancy their chances against Actonians this weekend.