UCS Old Boys aim to get back to winning ways at Actonians
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys beaten 33-7 at home to Hitchin last weekend
UCS Old Boys will bid to return to winning ways in Herts/Middlesex One when they visit Actonians on Saturday.
Old Boys suffered a disappointing result last weekend as they went down 33-7 at home to leaders Hitchin.
Despite the final score, UCS took the lead in that game as the crossed through a brilliant solo try from Ben Brooks with Corne Jansen van Vuuren adding the extras.
A try in the final play of the first half saw Hitchin go into half-time level at 7-7, before kicking on after the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Despite big hits from centre pairing Chris Bean and Tom Arnold, Old Boys were unable to keep pace with Hitchin’s scoring in the second period.
With the defeat, UCS saw their winning run come to an end with the team having won their previous two games prior to last weekend.
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 5 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 8 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 9 Golders Green care home staff set for strike action
Old Boys will look to get back on the winning trail as soon as possible and are sure to fancy their chances against Actonians this weekend.