UCS Old Boys aim to get back to winning ways at Actonians
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys beaten 33-7 at home to Hitchin last weekend
UCS Old Boys will bid to return to winning ways in Herts/Middlesex One when they visit Actonians on Saturday.
Old Boys suffered a disappointing result last weekend as they went down 33-7 at home to leaders Hitchin.
Despite the final score, UCS took the lead in that game as the crossed through a brilliant solo try from Ben Brooks with Corne Jansen van Vuuren adding the extras.
A try in the final play of the first half saw Hitchin go into half-time level at 7-7, before kicking on after the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Despite big hits from centre pairing Chris Bean and Tom Arnold, Old Boys were unable to keep pace with Hitchin’s scoring in the second period.
With the defeat, UCS saw their winning run come to an end with the team having won their previous two games prior to last weekend.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
Old Boys will look to get back on the winning trail as soon as possible and are sure to fancy their chances against Actonians this weekend.