UCS Old Boys aim to get back to winning ways at Actonians
- Credit: Archant
Old Boys beaten 33-7 at home to Hitchin last weekend
UCS Old Boys will bid to return to winning ways in Herts/Middlesex One when they visit Actonians on Saturday.
Old Boys suffered a disappointing result last weekend as they went down 33-7 at home to leaders Hitchin.
Despite the final score, UCS took the lead in that game as the crossed through a brilliant solo try from Ben Brooks with Corne Jansen van Vuuren adding the extras.
A try in the final play of the first half saw Hitchin go into half-time level at 7-7, before kicking on after the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Despite big hits from centre pairing Chris Bean and Tom Arnold, Old Boys were unable to keep pace with Hitchin’s scoring in the second period.
With the defeat, UCS saw their winning run come to an end with the team having won their previous two games prior to last weekend.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
Old Boys will look to get back on the winning trail as soon as possible and are sure to fancy their chances against Actonians this weekend.