Late Stephenson try helps UCS down Actonians
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: Actonians 17 UCS Old Boys 19
A late Ben Stephenson try saw UCS Old Boys claim a 19-17 victory away to Actonians in Herts/Middlesex One.
Having lost at home to leaders Hitchin the previous week, Old Boys were keen to get back on the winning trail as swiftly as possible.
In an evenly-contested first half, a try just before the break from Jack Gourlay which Nat Breakwell converted saw UCS head into the interval level at 7-7.
The sides continued to be well matched in the second period with a penalty try for Old Boys, won by their dominance at the scrum, cancelling out an earlier Actonians effort.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts then regained the lead with a successful penalty kick to hold a 17-14 advantage with just 10 minutes to go.
Soon after, Stephenson found space out wide to cross after a good period of pressure from UCS, but the conversion was missed.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
Thankfully the miss did not prove costly as Old Boys held on to win and next host Wasps on March 2.