Late Stephenson try helps UCS down Actonians
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: Actonians 17 UCS Old Boys 19
A late Ben Stephenson try saw UCS Old Boys claim a 19-17 victory away to Actonians in Herts/Middlesex One.
Having lost at home to leaders Hitchin the previous week, Old Boys were keen to get back on the winning trail as swiftly as possible.
In an evenly-contested first half, a try just before the break from Jack Gourlay which Nat Breakwell converted saw UCS head into the interval level at 7-7.
The sides continued to be well matched in the second period with a penalty try for Old Boys, won by their dominance at the scrum, cancelling out an earlier Actonians effort.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts then regained the lead with a successful penalty kick to hold a 17-14 advantage with just 10 minutes to go.
Soon after, Stephenson found space out wide to cross after a good period of pressure from UCS, but the conversion was missed.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
Thankfully the miss did not prove costly as Old Boys held on to win and next host Wasps on March 2.