Late Stephenson try helps UCS down Actonians
- Credit: Archant
Herts/Middlesex One: Actonians 17 UCS Old Boys 19
A late Ben Stephenson try saw UCS Old Boys claim a 19-17 victory away to Actonians in Herts/Middlesex One.
Having lost at home to leaders Hitchin the previous week, Old Boys were keen to get back on the winning trail as swiftly as possible.
In an evenly-contested first half, a try just before the break from Jack Gourlay which Nat Breakwell converted saw UCS head into the interval level at 7-7.
The sides continued to be well matched in the second period with a penalty try for Old Boys, won by their dominance at the scrum, cancelling out an earlier Actonians effort.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts then regained the lead with a successful penalty kick to hold a 17-14 advantage with just 10 minutes to go.
Soon after, Stephenson found space out wide to cross after a good period of pressure from UCS, but the conversion was missed.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
Thankfully the miss did not prove costly as Old Boys held on to win and next host Wasps on March 2.