A walk in the Park for Sue
Sue Holt produced the run of the weekend for London Heathside, finishing second in the senior women s race of the Chingford Cross-Country League on Saturday. Holt clocked 31 minutes 31 seconds over the 8.4 kilometres at Trent Park. Johnny Naylor placed si
Sue Holt produced the run of the weekend for London Heathside, finishing second in the senior women's race of the Chingford Cross-Country League on Saturday.
Holt clocked 31 minutes 31 seconds over the 8.4 kilometres at Trent Park. Johnny Naylor placed sixth in 13:49 in the Under-13 boys race at the same meeting while Ottavia Laidler finished 11th in the Under-13 girls race with 15:44.
Heathside's Alex Macaulay came seventh out of 167 finishers in the final race of the Sunday Cross-Country League at Watford in 42:59.
Pete Crockford finished 26th overall and third in the Veteran Over-50 category in 45:32, while Robin Tremaine (pictured) clocked 46:14 in 31st and fifth in the V50.
You may also want to watch:
They were followed by Will Whitaker (31st in 46:14), Nik Skipper (105th in 54:57), Andy Conway (121st in 56:49), and Pete Webster (146th in 62:05).
The team was 10th on the day and 11th overall, while the veterans team finished seventh on the day and ninth overall.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
Heathside's James Pickett won the Finsbury Park 5k Park run, finishing in 18:10 and, elsewhere, Mark Derry came eighth in the Brighton 5k Park run in 19:08.
Meanwhile, on a quiet weekend for Highgate Harriers,14-year-old Stanley Harrison came third in the Finsbury Park 5k Parkrun, running against senior runners in 19:04.