�7,000 South Africa holiday prize for Britain's Biggest Football Fan
The hunt is on for Britain s Biggest Football Fan. To celebrate being an official sponsor of the 2010 FIFA World Cup� in South Africa, Continental Tyres wants to find a dedicated fan with a �7,000 holiday in South Africa as the prize in the winner-takes-
The hunt is on for Britain's Biggest Football Fan.
To celebrate being an official sponsor of the 2010 FIFA World Cup(tm) in South Africa, Continental Tyres wants to find a dedicated fan with a �7,000 holiday in South Africa as the prize in the winner-takes-all competition.
So far the organisers have heard from:
A fan who drove from London to Moscow to get to the Champions League Final
You may also want to watch:
A fan who travelled from Ireland and nearly missed his exams
One who came all the way from Australia to see Blackburn Rovers play, only to be thwarted by a delayed train and never got to the match
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 4 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 5 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 6 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 10 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
And one man who insisted on going to a match against doctors orders before major surgery
Think you can do better than this? All you have to do is fill out the entry form at www.continentalsbiggame.co.uk and tell us, in no more than 500 words, the effort and sacrifices you made not to miss a big game.
The deadline for entries is 12th April. A judging panel will then select 10 quarter finalists on 19th April, which will then be whittled down to four semi-finalists on 29th April.
Each of these semi-finalists will then have to make a video, telling the world why they deserve to scoop the top spot, these will be posted on the website and voted for by members of the public.
The contestant with the most votes will be announced on 21st May and will win an amazing holiday to South Africa and the honour of being awarded the title of 'Britain's Biggest Football Fan'.
The competition is supported by the Federation of Football Supporters (FSF). David Rose and Mark Longden from the FSF are on the judging panel.