�7,000 South Africa holiday prize for Britain's Biggest Football Fan
The hunt is on for Britain s Biggest Football Fan. To celebrate being an official sponsor of the 2010 FIFA World Cup� in South Africa, Continental Tyres wants to find a dedicated fan with a �7,000 holiday in South Africa as the prize in the winner-takes-
The hunt is on for Britain's Biggest Football Fan.
To celebrate being an official sponsor of the 2010 FIFA World Cup(tm) in South Africa, Continental Tyres wants to find a dedicated fan with a �7,000 holiday in South Africa as the prize in the winner-takes-all competition.
So far the organisers have heard from:
A fan who drove from London to Moscow to get to the Champions League Final
You may also want to watch:
A fan who travelled from Ireland and nearly missed his exams
One who came all the way from Australia to see Blackburn Rovers play, only to be thwarted by a delayed train and never got to the match
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 4 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Hampstead's Burgh House Cafe wins readers' poll
And one man who insisted on going to a match against doctors orders before major surgery
Think you can do better than this? All you have to do is fill out the entry form at www.continentalsbiggame.co.uk and tell us, in no more than 500 words, the effort and sacrifices you made not to miss a big game.
The deadline for entries is 12th April. A judging panel will then select 10 quarter finalists on 19th April, which will then be whittled down to four semi-finalists on 29th April.
Each of these semi-finalists will then have to make a video, telling the world why they deserve to scoop the top spot, these will be posted on the website and voted for by members of the public.
The contestant with the most votes will be announced on 21st May and will win an amazing holiday to South Africa and the honour of being awarded the title of 'Britain's Biggest Football Fan'.
The competition is supported by the Federation of Football Supporters (FSF). David Rose and Mark Longden from the FSF are on the judging panel.