�7,000 South Africa holiday prize for Britain's Biggest Football Fan
The hunt is on for Britain s Biggest Football Fan. To celebrate being an official sponsor of the 2010 FIFA World Cup� in South Africa, Continental Tyres wants to find a dedicated fan with a �7,000 holiday in South Africa as the prize in the winner-takes-
The hunt is on for Britain's Biggest Football Fan.
To celebrate being an official sponsor of the 2010 FIFA World Cup(tm) in South Africa, Continental Tyres wants to find a dedicated fan with a �7,000 holiday in South Africa as the prize in the winner-takes-all competition.
So far the organisers have heard from:
A fan who drove from London to Moscow to get to the Champions League Final
A fan who travelled from Ireland and nearly missed his exams
One who came all the way from Australia to see Blackburn Rovers play, only to be thwarted by a delayed train and never got to the match
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 6 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 7 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
And one man who insisted on going to a match against doctors orders before major surgery
Think you can do better than this? All you have to do is fill out the entry form at www.continentalsbiggame.co.uk and tell us, in no more than 500 words, the effort and sacrifices you made not to miss a big game.
The deadline for entries is 12th April. A judging panel will then select 10 quarter finalists on 19th April, which will then be whittled down to four semi-finalists on 29th April.
Each of these semi-finalists will then have to make a video, telling the world why they deserve to scoop the top spot, these will be posted on the website and voted for by members of the public.
The contestant with the most votes will be announced on 21st May and will win an amazing holiday to South Africa and the honour of being awarded the title of 'Britain's Biggest Football Fan'.
The competition is supported by the Federation of Football Supporters (FSF). David Rose and Mark Longden from the FSF are on the judging panel.