23,000 see Arsenal Ladies edge FA Cup Final victory over Sunderland
Arsenal Ladies won their fourth successive FA Cup on Monday with a 2-1 win over Sunderland in the final at Derby s Pride Park. Katie Chapman gave the Gunners a 32nd minute lead and Kim Little added the all-important second in injury time in front of an imp
Arsenal Ladies won their fourth successive FA Cup on Monday with a 2-1 win over Sunderland in the final t Derby's Pride Park.
Katie Chapman gave the Gunners a 32nd minute lead and Kim Little added the all-important second in injury time in front of an impressive crowd of 23,291.
There was still time for the Black Cats to pull one back through Kelly McDougall, but Arsenal held on for their tenth success in the competition.
Manager Vic Aker - who steps down at the end of the season after 22 years in charge - takes his side to Everton on Sunday for the last game of the season. Arsenal must win on Merseyside to have any chance of retaining their Premier League title - or Everton will be champions.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 7 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's