23,000 see Arsenal Ladies edge FA Cup Final victory over Sunderland
Arsenal Ladies won their fourth successive FA Cup on Monday with a 2-1 win over Sunderland in the final at Derby s Pride Park. Katie Chapman gave the Gunners a 32nd minute lead and Kim Little added the all-important second in injury time in front of an imp
Arsenal Ladies won their fourth successive FA Cup on Monday with a 2-1 win over Sunderland in the final t Derby's Pride Park.
Katie Chapman gave the Gunners a 32nd minute lead and Kim Little added the all-important second in injury time in front of an impressive crowd of 23,291.
There was still time for the Black Cats to pull one back through Kelly McDougall, but Arsenal held on for their tenth success in the competition.
Manager Vic Aker - who steps down at the end of the season after 22 years in charge - takes his side to Everton on Sunday for the last game of the season. Arsenal must win on Merseyside to have any chance of retaining their Premier League title - or Everton will be champions.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin