23,000 see Arsenal Ladies edge FA Cup Final victory over Sunderland
Arsenal Ladies won their fourth successive FA Cup on Monday with a 2-1 win over Sunderland in the final at Derby s Pride Park. Katie Chapman gave the Gunners a 32nd minute lead and Kim Little added the all-important second in injury time in front of an imp
Arsenal Ladies won their fourth successive FA Cup on Monday with a 2-1 win over Sunderland in the final t Derby's Pride Park.
Katie Chapman gave the Gunners a 32nd minute lead and Kim Little added the all-important second in injury time in front of an impressive crowd of 23,291.
There was still time for the Black Cats to pull one back through Kelly McDougall, but Arsenal held on for their tenth success in the competition.
Manager Vic Aker - who steps down at the end of the season after 22 years in charge - takes his side to Everton on Sunday for the last game of the season. Arsenal must win on Merseyside to have any chance of retaining their Premier League title - or Everton will be champions.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 5 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate