23,000 see Arsenal Ladies edge FA Cup Final victory over Sunderland
Arsenal Ladies won their fourth successive FA Cup on Monday with a 2-1 win over Sunderland in the final at Derby s Pride Park. Katie Chapman gave the Gunners a 32nd minute lead and Kim Little added the all-important second in injury time in front of an imp
Arsenal Ladies won their fourth successive FA Cup on Monday with a 2-1 win over Sunderland in the final t Derby's Pride Park.
Katie Chapman gave the Gunners a 32nd minute lead and Kim Little added the all-important second in injury time in front of an impressive crowd of 23,291.
There was still time for the Black Cats to pull one back through Kelly McDougall, but Arsenal held on for their tenth success in the competition.
Manager Vic Aker - who steps down at the end of the season after 22 years in charge - takes his side to Everton on Sunday for the last game of the season. Arsenal must win on Merseyside to have any chance of retaining their Premier League title - or Everton will be champions.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 7 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees