100 reasons why we’re just unbeatable
WEST Hampstead became the first senior or first division team in the country to score 100 league goals this season as they thumped Wallingford 10-0 on Saturday.
Jamie Dru’s outfit, who remain unbeaten in 16 league games this season, needed just one goal to secure the ton, and were quickly celebrating that landmark when Rob Frampton scored the first of his three goals.
WH were always in control from that point and added another nine goals by the final whistle, with Jack Beard and Tom Kimberley scoring two goals each. Ron Armstrong, Tom Bullock and Rogier de Roy also scored.
WH continued their good form the next day when they beat Dereham 4-2 to reach the last eight of the Men’s Trophy.
Dereham, who play a league higher than WH, opened the scoring in the fifth minute and kept WH at bay until Dave Leech equalised from open play on 25 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Player-coach Beard scored with a penalty flick soon after, only for the hosts to cancel it out with a goal in the closing minutes of the first half.
In the second half Frampton reclaimed the lead with a penalty, before de Roy got the fourth goal.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
The victory delighted skipper Dru. He said: “It was good because we had a good test against a decent opposition. Playing against some decent players the play was sound. Going forward we created a lot on chances. It was a very good performance.”