100 reasons why we’re just unbeatable
WEST Hampstead became the first senior or first division team in the country to score 100 league goals this season as they thumped Wallingford 10-0 on Saturday.
Jamie Dru’s outfit, who remain unbeaten in 16 league games this season, needed just one goal to secure the ton, and were quickly celebrating that landmark when Rob Frampton scored the first of his three goals.
WH were always in control from that point and added another nine goals by the final whistle, with Jack Beard and Tom Kimberley scoring two goals each. Ron Armstrong, Tom Bullock and Rogier de Roy also scored.
WH continued their good form the next day when they beat Dereham 4-2 to reach the last eight of the Men’s Trophy.
Dereham, who play a league higher than WH, opened the scoring in the fifth minute and kept WH at bay until Dave Leech equalised from open play on 25 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Player-coach Beard scored with a penalty flick soon after, only for the hosts to cancel it out with a goal in the closing minutes of the first half.
In the second half Frampton reclaimed the lead with a penalty, before de Roy got the fourth goal.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 7 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 10 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
The victory delighted skipper Dru. He said: “It was good because we had a good test against a decent opposition. Playing against some decent players the play was sound. Going forward we created a lot on chances. It was a very good performance.”