100 reasons why we’re just unbeatable
WEST Hampstead became the first senior or first division team in the country to score 100 league goals this season as they thumped Wallingford 10-0 on Saturday.
Jamie Dru’s outfit, who remain unbeaten in 16 league games this season, needed just one goal to secure the ton, and were quickly celebrating that landmark when Rob Frampton scored the first of his three goals.
WH were always in control from that point and added another nine goals by the final whistle, with Jack Beard and Tom Kimberley scoring two goals each. Ron Armstrong, Tom Bullock and Rogier de Roy also scored.
WH continued their good form the next day when they beat Dereham 4-2 to reach the last eight of the Men’s Trophy.
Dereham, who play a league higher than WH, opened the scoring in the fifth minute and kept WH at bay until Dave Leech equalised from open play on 25 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Player-coach Beard scored with a penalty flick soon after, only for the hosts to cancel it out with a goal in the closing minutes of the first half.
In the second half Frampton reclaimed the lead with a penalty, before de Roy got the fourth goal.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 9 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
The victory delighted skipper Dru. He said: “It was good because we had a good test against a decent opposition. Playing against some decent players the play was sound. Going forward we created a lot on chances. It was a very good performance.”