100 reasons why we’re just unbeatable
WEST Hampstead became the first senior or first division team in the country to score 100 league goals this season as they thumped Wallingford 10-0 on Saturday.
Jamie Dru’s outfit, who remain unbeaten in 16 league games this season, needed just one goal to secure the ton, and were quickly celebrating that landmark when Rob Frampton scored the first of his three goals.
WH were always in control from that point and added another nine goals by the final whistle, with Jack Beard and Tom Kimberley scoring two goals each. Ron Armstrong, Tom Bullock and Rogier de Roy also scored.
WH continued their good form the next day when they beat Dereham 4-2 to reach the last eight of the Men’s Trophy.
Dereham, who play a league higher than WH, opened the scoring in the fifth minute and kept WH at bay until Dave Leech equalised from open play on 25 minutes.
Player-coach Beard scored with a penalty flick soon after, only for the hosts to cancel it out with a goal in the closing minutes of the first half.
In the second half Frampton reclaimed the lead with a penalty, before de Roy got the fourth goal.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 10 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
The victory delighted skipper Dru. He said: “It was good because we had a good test against a decent opposition. Playing against some decent players the play was sound. Going forward we created a lot on chances. It was a very good performance.”