Property of the week: sustainable development in the suburbs on a former RAF manufacturing site from WWII
- Credit: Archant
Homes are still available in the Silverworks, an eco-friendly development surrounded by green space
Colindale is about to be propelled to the A-list of London suburbs in coming years, driven by the £4.5 Billion regeneration of neighbouring Brent Cross and West Hendon, combined with its easy transport links and proximity to the green belt.
Galliard Homes are building 191 homes in the heart of Colindale at Silverworks. The site was previously an Royal Air Force manufacturing site, helping the war effort in the 1940s by producing ammunition and aeroplane parts for the RAF.
The homes will be spread across six individually designed blocks and whilst apartments will be available in suite, one, two or three bedroom configurations. There will also be six four-bedroom townhouses in the scheme.
Galliard Homes has strived to make Silverworks a sustainable development; surrounded by landscaped greenery, the eco-friendly development will also offer 13 disability-friendly apartments.
You may also want to watch:
Apartments will feature terraces or balconies, whilst the town houses will have private gardens. Secure bike storage will be integrated; handy since the Fryent Country Park and Brent Reservoir are only a mile away!
Silverworks is now over 75 per cent sold, but many more homes are available. The new Nicola Fontanella-designed show suite is now available to view.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
Silver Works, Colindale, NW9
Prices from £395,000
020 3770 6326