Property of the week: sustainable development in the suburbs on a former RAF manufacturing site from WWII
- Credit: Archant
Homes are still available in the Silverworks, an eco-friendly development surrounded by green space
Colindale is about to be propelled to the A-list of London suburbs in coming years, driven by the £4.5 Billion regeneration of neighbouring Brent Cross and West Hendon, combined with its easy transport links and proximity to the green belt.
Galliard Homes are building 191 homes in the heart of Colindale at Silverworks. The site was previously an Royal Air Force manufacturing site, helping the war effort in the 1940s by producing ammunition and aeroplane parts for the RAF.
The homes will be spread across six individually designed blocks and whilst apartments will be available in suite, one, two or three bedroom configurations. There will also be six four-bedroom townhouses in the scheme.
Galliard Homes has strived to make Silverworks a sustainable development; surrounded by landscaped greenery, the eco-friendly development will also offer 13 disability-friendly apartments.
Apartments will feature terraces or balconies, whilst the town houses will have private gardens. Secure bike storage will be integrated; handy since the Fryent Country Park and Brent Reservoir are only a mile away!
Silverworks is now over 75 per cent sold, but many more homes are available. The new Nicola Fontanella-designed show suite is now available to view.
- 1 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 4 Parliament Hill flower shop comes to pupils' rescue
- 5 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 6 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 7 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 10 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
Silver Works, Colindale, NW9
Prices from £395,000
020 3770 6326