ZSL London Zoo launches new Sunset Safaris
- Credit: Archant
With the longest day fast approaching, and warm weather on the way, ZSL London Zoo is offering vistors a unique way to spend a balmy summer evening.
On Friday nights, the Zoo is keeping its doors open late into the evening, giving Londoners and toursits the chance to take part in the capital’s only safari.
Sunset Safari allows friends, couples, and families alike invited to experience the magic of the Regent’s Park Zoo after-hours, in the company of more than 750 animal species from around the world.
Visitors can embark on self-guided Safari Trails where they can see the Zoo’s magnificent animals and take in a packed programme of animal feeds and fascinating talks about the Zoo’s animals, or visit the Wild Talks and Science Stations, where ZSL’s own conservationists, scientists and keepers share gripping tales from the field and reveal fascinating facts from the world of wildlife.
Visiting the Zoo at night offers animal fans the unique opportunity to encounter animal behaviour as the sunset sets – watching tigers prowling at twilight, giraffes settling down to bed, and monkeys feeding at dusk.
You may also want to watch:
And after touring the Zoo, guests can rest their weary feet at Safari Base Camp as the sun sets, with live music, puppetry, performance art, and face painting entertaining visitors young and old.
Taking inspiration from the global origins of the Zoo’s creatures, Sunset Safari also features a World Food Market, with vendors serving up tantalising dishes from around the world – and bars around the site offering cool beers and wines to wash it all down with.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 4 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 7 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 8 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
Sunset Safaris will run every Friday from June 5 until July 17 from 6pm to 10pm,
For more details, and to book tickets, visit the website.