Hampstead gallery to host Kate Moss 40th birthday show at The Savoy
- Credit: Archant
A Hampstead photography gallery frequented by the stars is set to mark the 40th birthday of supermodel Kate Moss with a special exhibition at world-famous hotel The Savoy.
Zebra One Gallery will swap the confines of its tiny studio in Perrin’s Court – the usual venue for its exhibitions – for the palatial surrounds of the five-star hotel on the Strand in central London tonight (Thursday).
The gallery will be showing 12 original images of Kate Moss shot by a host of top photographers, including Mario Testino, Kate Garner and Mick Rock.
The show, Kate Moss at The Savoy, is being held in celebration of the supermodel’s 40th birthday on January 16.
Gallery owner Gabrielle du Plooy, 38, said: “It was my idea, it was what I wanted to do. The Savoy approached us and said, ‘Could we put on a show?’ The Savoy said we could use their hotel.
“We love Kate Moss, we’ve got rare and exclusive images of her. We have unseen images of her looking really raunchy with half her clothes on.
“She did the advert for Rimmel and got out of a taxi outside The Savoy so we thought it tied in nicely.”
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 5 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 6 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 7 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 8 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 9 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 10 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
The one-night-only exhibition is expected to attract a number of famous faces when it opens in the prestigious River Room at 6.30pm today.
All of the photographs on show will be available to buy.
There will also be a live auction of photographs on the night in aid of children’s hospice Shooting Star CHASE.
Tonight’s show is the gallery’s most high-profile event since hosting an exhibition of photographs of The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park during the veteran rock band’s two sell-out gigs in the park last July.