Zakora wanted by Sevilla
Sevilla this week confirmed they are interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Didier Zokora – at the right price. The 28-year-old, who has struggled for regular football at the Lane since the arrival of Wilson Palacios in January, has been tipped as on
Sevilla this week confirmed they are interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Didier Zokora - at the right price.
The 28-year-old, who has struggled for regular football at the Lane since the arrival of Wilson Palacios in January, has been tipped as one of the players Spurs boss Harry Redknapp could sell to raise money for transfers.
"Zokora is a great player," said Sevilla sporting director Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo. "I have followed him since we first saw him and could not pay for him.
"We know that we have to be realistic in this current economic climate."
You may also want to watch:
Redknapp, who missed out on Gareth Barry before the England midfielder signed for Manchester City, is understood to be monitoring Ruud van Nistelrooy's situation at Real Madrid.
But the former Manchester United striker's fitness could be a concern.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 6 Highgate's Food Bank Aid's year of giving - and a search for a bigger home
- 7 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Arts centre? Rock'n'roll museum? What future for Hampstead Police Station?
Meanwhile, Wigan defender Paul Scharner has been quoted in Germany claiming Tottenham are among the clubs interested in his signature.
On the international scene, Tottenham's Luka Modric scored the equaliser in Croatia's 2-2 draw with Ukraine on Saturday to keep their World Cup dreams alive. Vedran Corluka also put in a 90-minute shift for Croatia.
Jermain Defoe was an 81st minute substitute for Fabio Capello's England, who won 4-0 in Kazakhstan.
Elsewhere, in Europe, Chris Gunter and a young Wales side triumphed in a 1-0 win over Azerbaijan in Baku.
Spurs skipper Robbie Keane and the Republic of Ireland stayed five points clear of opponents Bulgaria in second place in Group Eight with a 1-1 draw in Sofia on Saturday.
Palacios returned to action after the death of his brother, but was on the losing side as Honduras slipped out of the top three in the CONCACAF zone with a 2-1 defeat against USA.
And goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes was an unused substitute as Brazil moved a step closer to World Cup qualification following a 4-0 victory over Uruguay.