Youth, 16, receives life sentence for murder of schoolboy
A teenage killer has been jailed for life for the murder of Highgate schoolboy Martin Dinnegan.Joseph Chin, 16, has been ordered to serve a minimum of 12 years for stabbing 14-year-old Martin in the back on June 26 last year.
A teenage killer has been jailed for life for the murder of Highgate schoolboy Martin Dinnegan.
Joseph Chin, 16, has been ordered to serve a minimum of 12 years for stabbing 14-year-old Martin in the back on June 26 last year.
Martin’s murder came after violent clashes between his friends had and another group of youths earlier in the evening.
He had tried desperately to run from his attackers and had screamed please help me’ at horrified passers-by.
You may also want to watch:
Chin’s friend Kevron Williams, 17, was also ordered to serve four years behind bars after being convicted of attempt to cause grievous bodily harm.
Passing sentence judge Brian Barker told Chin: “The fact is this was a vengeful attack out of all proportion to what may have gone before and no mercy was shown.”
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 7 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
At the time of the killing Chin was still the subject of a 12-month supervision order and was being monitored by the probation service.