Youth, 16, receives life sentence for murder of schoolboy
A teenage killer has been jailed for life for the murder of Highgate schoolboy Martin Dinnegan.Joseph Chin, 16, has been ordered to serve a minimum of 12 years for stabbing 14-year-old Martin in the back on June 26 last year.
A teenage killer has been jailed for life for the murder of Highgate schoolboy Martin Dinnegan.
Joseph Chin, 16, has been ordered to serve a minimum of 12 years for stabbing 14-year-old Martin in the back on June 26 last year.
Martin’s murder came after violent clashes between his friends had and another group of youths earlier in the evening.
He had tried desperately to run from his attackers and had screamed please help me’ at horrified passers-by.
You may also want to watch:
Chin’s friend Kevron Williams, 17, was also ordered to serve four years behind bars after being convicted of attempt to cause grievous bodily harm.
Passing sentence judge Brian Barker told Chin: “The fact is this was a vengeful attack out of all proportion to what may have gone before and no mercy was shown.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 9 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
At the time of the killing Chin was still the subject of a 12-month supervision order and was being monitored by the probation service.