Your health and social care: is it time for change?
Are you somebody who has seen room for improvement in health and social care in Westminster but you wonder how a single individual like you can get anything changed? We, your Westminster LINk, want to hear about it. We were set up by government to gather
Are you somebody who has seen room for improvement in health and social care in Westminster but you wonder how a single individual like you can get anything changed?
We, your Westminster LINk, want to hear about it. We were set up by government to gather your views and present them to the National Health Service, the hospitals and the council.
We have seats on the board of the NHS, the Board of Imperial Health Care (which runs St Mary's Hospital) and we attend meetings of Westminster Council's policy and scrutiny committee which monitor social services.
We are entitled to enter and view services that we hear are not good enough and we will speak up and make recommendations for change.
You may also want to watch:
So tell us what worries you. If we think a lot of people are suffering we'll speak up about it. We can't pursue private complaints, but we will pursue issues if we see a problem that is the same problem for everybody.
This is what we're doing at the moment. If you care deeply about any of the following issues or think you can help call us on 020 7535 0487.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 8 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 9 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 10 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
1. We're worried about your experiences accessing your local GP. We'd like you to tell us about them, good or bad.
2. As a nation we're getting fatter and fatter. Obesity kills. What should be done?
3. Have you recently called the social care number (0207 641 1175)? What was your experience?
4. Care homes have had bad press recently. Do you know anything about the ones in Westminster?
5. Were you in hospital recently? What did you think of the food? Better than home cooked?
6. Did everything go smoothly when you left hospital?
7. What do you think of the services available for mental health in the area? How could they be improved?
8. Have you heard about the health strategies published by the council and the Primary Care Trust? Have you had your say on them?
To contact us with information or views call us on: 020 7535 0487.
You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our online address is: www.westminsterlink.org.uk
And of course you can write to us at Westminster LINk, 37 Chapel Street, London, NW1 5DP
q Paul Wilson is chairman of Westminster LINk (Westminster Local Involvement Network)