Your health and social care: is it time for change?
Are you somebody who has seen room for improvement in health and social care in Westminster but you wonder how a single individual like you can get anything changed? We, your Westminster LINk, want to hear about it. We were set up by government to gather
Are you somebody who has seen room for improvement in health and social care in Westminster but you wonder how a single individual like you can get anything changed?
We, your Westminster LINk, want to hear about it. We were set up by government to gather your views and present them to the National Health Service, the hospitals and the council.
We have seats on the board of the NHS, the Board of Imperial Health Care (which runs St Mary's Hospital) and we attend meetings of Westminster Council's policy and scrutiny committee which monitor social services.
We are entitled to enter and view services that we hear are not good enough and we will speak up and make recommendations for change.
You may also want to watch:
So tell us what worries you. If we think a lot of people are suffering we'll speak up about it. We can't pursue private complaints, but we will pursue issues if we see a problem that is the same problem for everybody.
This is what we're doing at the moment. If you care deeply about any of the following issues or think you can help call us on 020 7535 0487.
- 1 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 5 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
- 6 We are acting to stop low-quality housing being built in Haringey
- 7 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 10 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
1. We're worried about your experiences accessing your local GP. We'd like you to tell us about them, good or bad.
2. As a nation we're getting fatter and fatter. Obesity kills. What should be done?
3. Have you recently called the social care number (0207 641 1175)? What was your experience?
4. Care homes have had bad press recently. Do you know anything about the ones in Westminster?
5. Were you in hospital recently? What did you think of the food? Better than home cooked?
6. Did everything go smoothly when you left hospital?
7. What do you think of the services available for mental health in the area? How could they be improved?
8. Have you heard about the health strategies published by the council and the Primary Care Trust? Have you had your say on them?
To contact us with information or views call us on: 020 7535 0487.
You can also email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our online address is: www.westminsterlink.org.uk
And of course you can write to us at Westminster LINk, 37 Chapel Street, London, NW1 5DP
q Paul Wilson is chairman of Westminster LINk (Westminster Local Involvement Network)