Young motorcyclist dies in horrific crash
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a crash in Crouch End today, which claimed the life of a young motorcyclist. It is believed the man, who was in his 20s, died after hitting a bus shelter on Crouch Hill at 1.50am today
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a crash in Crouch End today, which claimed the life of a young motorcyclist.
It is believed the man, who was in his 20s, died after hitting a bus shelter on Crouch Hill at 1.50am today.
He was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash - which was at the junction of Crouch Hill and Heathville Road.
A spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police said: "We are appealing for witnesses and information following a fatal collision in Couch Hill junction with Heathville Road, this morning.
"We believe we know the identity of the deceased, but we await formal identification. His next of kin have been informed."
Police also confirmed that a post mortem will take place at St Pancras Mortuary.
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
The circumstances that led up to the collision are being investigated by the Collision Investigation Unit at Euston.
Anyone with information about this incident, is asked to call the CIU on 020-7 321 9955 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.