Young Gunners back in action, bidding for double glory
Arsenal s table-topping U18s return to league action on Saturday when they entertain Aston Villa. Steve Bould s side lead the FA Premier Academy League South by a massive 20 points over second-placed Crystal Palace after an emphatic 5-1 victory at Fulham
Arsenal's table-topping U18s return to league action on Saturday when they entertain Aston Villa.
Steve Bould's side lead the FA Premier Academy League South by a massive 20 points over second-placed Crystal Palace after an emphatic 5-1 victory at Fulham on their last league outing.
Since then they have also taken a massive step towards the prestigious FA Youth Cup final after a 2-1 win over holders Manchester City, Gilles Sunu and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas scoring in the semi-final first leg at Eastlands.
While only 2,000 turned up for that match, a much bigger crowd is expected at Emirates for the return on Wednesday April 22. Birmingham and Liverpool contest the other semi-final.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 5 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 6 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 7 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned