YMCA North London call for volunteers to Sleep Easy in school hall to fundraised to fight homelessness
- Credit: Archant
YMCA North London are encouraging kind-hearted locals to support a fundraising ‘Sleep Easy’ to raise awareness of the difficulties of homelessness.
The charity, is holding the event at St Mary's Primary School in Hornsey and organisers want volunteers to sign up to sleep at the school for the evening.
The March 6 event also includes entertainment and powerful talks from young people who have benefitted from services at the YMCA before people bed-down.
Volunteers are sponsored, and last year's night raised £15,000 which helped the charity house young people at risk of homelessness.
Emma Samuel, YMCA North London's head of housing and support services, said: "We know from our experience over the years that without the support we offer, many more young people would be sleeping on the streets and have less options and less chance of realising their potential.
You may also want to watch:
"We are calling on the local community, old and young, to sign up to the YMCA Sleep Easy Week to help us support young people in our services today and into the future. One night out can make a lifetime difference."
To register for the Sleep Easy event with YMCA North London visit: ymcanorthlondon.org.uk/what-we-do/accommodation/sleep-easy/
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 9 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient