Yet another cautionary tale for troubled singer George
HIGHGATE superstar George Michael was let off with a caution after being caught with drugs in a public toilet next to Hampstead Heath. The singer, who recently announced his retirement from stadium shows, was arrested by Heath Constabulary offi
HIGHGATE superstar George Michael (pictured) was let off with a caution after being caught with drugs in a public toilet next to Hampstead Heath.
The singer, who recently announced his retirement from stadium shows, was arrested by Heath Constabulary officers at 1.30pm on Friday in Millfield Lane.
A spokeswoman for the Met said: "A 45-year-old man was arrested in the Hampstead Heath area on suspicion of possessing drugs. He was taken to a north London police station and interviewed. He received a caution for being in possession of class A and class C drugs."
In a statement, Mr Michael said: "I want to apologise to my fans for screwing up again, and to promise them I'll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them."
You may also want to watch:
Tony Hillier, chairman of the Heath and Hampstead Society, moved to quell fears that drug use and other illegal activity in the vicinity of the Heath was becoming increasingly widespread.
"It's just normal operating procedure on the streets of London," he said. "I don't think there's any evidence that drug use is becoming more widespread on the Heath.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden