Yet another cautionary tale for troubled singer George
HIGHGATE superstar George Michael was let off with a caution after being caught with drugs in a public toilet next to Hampstead Heath. The singer, who recently announced his retirement from stadium shows, was arrested by Heath Constabulary offi
HIGHGATE superstar George Michael (pictured) was let off with a caution after being caught with drugs in a public toilet next to Hampstead Heath.
The singer, who recently announced his retirement from stadium shows, was arrested by Heath Constabulary officers at 1.30pm on Friday in Millfield Lane.
A spokeswoman for the Met said: "A 45-year-old man was arrested in the Hampstead Heath area on suspicion of possessing drugs. He was taken to a north London police station and interviewed. He received a caution for being in possession of class A and class C drugs."
In a statement, Mr Michael said: "I want to apologise to my fans for screwing up again, and to promise them I'll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them."
You may also want to watch:
Tony Hillier, chairman of the Heath and Hampstead Society, moved to quell fears that drug use and other illegal activity in the vicinity of the Heath was becoming increasingly widespread.
"It's just normal operating procedure on the streets of London," he said. "I don't think there's any evidence that drug use is becoming more widespread on the Heath.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 4 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 5 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 10 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale