Yet another cautionary tale for troubled singer George
HIGHGATE superstar George Michael was let off with a caution after being caught with drugs in a public toilet next to Hampstead Heath. The singer, who recently announced his retirement from stadium shows, was arrested by Heath Constabulary offi
HIGHGATE superstar George Michael (pictured) was let off with a caution after being caught with drugs in a public toilet next to Hampstead Heath.
The singer, who recently announced his retirement from stadium shows, was arrested by Heath Constabulary officers at 1.30pm on Friday in Millfield Lane.
A spokeswoman for the Met said: "A 45-year-old man was arrested in the Hampstead Heath area on suspicion of possessing drugs. He was taken to a north London police station and interviewed. He received a caution for being in possession of class A and class C drugs."
In a statement, Mr Michael said: "I want to apologise to my fans for screwing up again, and to promise them I'll sort myself out. And to say sorry to everybody else, just for boring them."
You may also want to watch:
Tony Hillier, chairman of the Heath and Hampstead Society, moved to quell fears that drug use and other illegal activity in the vicinity of the Heath was becoming increasingly widespread.
"It's just normal operating procedure on the streets of London," he said. "I don't think there's any evidence that drug use is becoming more widespread on the Heath.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub