Wyclef Jean and Amy Childs appear at Ally Pally Zumbathon
Wyclef Jean took to the dance floor with reality TV star Amy Childs to try his hand at the latest music craze Zumba in a fundraiser for breast cancer charities
The Haitian born rapper was one of nearly 4,000 revellers to take part in the party in Pink Zumbathon, which took place at Alexandra Palace on Sunday night.
The event raised �130,000 to help pay for life-saving research in the battle against cancer.
Chris Askew, Chief Executive of Breakthrough Breast Cancer, said: “We are truly excited to be the beneficiary of Zumba Fitness’ Party in Pink campaign in 2011.
“It is a great way for friends, family and colleagues to come together, have some fun and support a great cause.
“The money raised through Zumba’s Party in Pink campaign will enable us to continue with our life-saving research, campaigning and education work. Through this work we believe passionately that breast cancer can be beaten.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 3 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 6 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 7 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead