Wyclef Jean and Amy Childs appear at Ally Pally Zumbathon
Wyclef Jean took to the dance floor with reality TV star Amy Childs to try his hand at the latest music craze Zumba in a fundraiser for breast cancer charities
The Haitian born rapper was one of nearly 4,000 revellers to take part in the party in Pink Zumbathon, which took place at Alexandra Palace on Sunday night.
The event raised �130,000 to help pay for life-saving research in the battle against cancer.
Chris Askew, Chief Executive of Breakthrough Breast Cancer, said: “We are truly excited to be the beneficiary of Zumba Fitness’ Party in Pink campaign in 2011.
“It is a great way for friends, family and colleagues to come together, have some fun and support a great cause.
You may also want to watch:
“The money raised through Zumba’s Party in Pink campaign will enable us to continue with our life-saving research, campaigning and education work. Through this work we believe passionately that breast cancer can be beaten.”
- 1 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 2 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 3 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 4 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 5 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report