Would you like a cadenza with your Big Mac and fries?
On a lofted grand piano with a backdrop of the Golden Arches, New York composer ANDREW SHAPIRO performs his artful blend of classical, ambient and minimalist music at the Ground Zero McDonald s in downtown Manhattan every Sunday throughout the year. U
On a lofted grand piano with a backdrop of the "Golden Arches," New York composer ANDREW SHAPIRO performs his artful blend of classical, ambient and minimalist music at the Ground Zero McDonald's in downtown Manhattan every Sunday throughout the year.
Upon learning of a grand piano located in a London McDonald's, Shapiro contacted the franchise and was in turn invited to perform.
That's exactly what he will be doing from Thursday to Saturday this week at the Kensington High Street McDonalds.
For his groundbreaking marriage of fast-food and the contemporary arts, Shapiro received an extensive profile in The New York Times and was featured as the "Best Pianist in a Fast-Food Restaurant" in the "Best of New York" issue of the Village Voice.
You may also want to watch:
"Shapiro assays a muted, chiming, trancelike sound...the result is both accomplished and highly enjoyable" says Performing Songwriter Magazine.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains