Would you like a cadenza with your Big Mac and fries?
On a lofted grand piano with a backdrop of the Golden Arches, New York composer ANDREW SHAPIRO performs his artful blend of classical, ambient and minimalist music at the Ground Zero McDonald s in downtown Manhattan every Sunday throughout the year. U
On a lofted grand piano with a backdrop of the "Golden Arches," New York composer ANDREW SHAPIRO performs his artful blend of classical, ambient and minimalist music at the Ground Zero McDonald's in downtown Manhattan every Sunday throughout the year.
Upon learning of a grand piano located in a London McDonald's, Shapiro contacted the franchise and was in turn invited to perform.
That's exactly what he will be doing from Thursday to Saturday this week at the Kensington High Street McDonalds.
For his groundbreaking marriage of fast-food and the contemporary arts, Shapiro received an extensive profile in The New York Times and was featured as the "Best Pianist in a Fast-Food Restaurant" in the "Best of New York" issue of the Village Voice.
You may also want to watch:
"Shapiro assays a muted, chiming, trancelike sound...the result is both accomplished and highly enjoyable" says Performing Songwriter Magazine.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 9 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched