World-class model engineering show returns to Alexandra Palace
The London Model Engineering Exhibition will be packed with hundreds of displays, from traction engines, model ships, steam engines, remote control trucks, boats and aeroplanes to futuristic rockets.
Adults and children can marvel at the moving Meccano robot displays, such as a roller coaster which pulls a car up to the top of the lift and then descends through gravity around three circuits.
They can take part in hands-on model building activities and try out an obstacle course with radio-controlled trucks.
The show is celebrating a special display of Star Trek models and space-themed memorabilia to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the cult television series.
There will be a celebration of the 80th anniversary of the Supermarine Spitfire. The Spithead Review, a set of around 600 tiny 1:1200 scale models of iconic ships providing a visual history of 3,000 years of naval warfare, promises to be a highlight.
You may also want to watch:
- The show runs from 15 to 17 January. For more information or to purchase tickets, call the ticket line on 01926 614101 or visit londonmodelengineering.co.uk
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 3 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds