Workers discover 30m well buried under Muswell Hill Broadway
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Council has invited English Heritage to investigate the well’s history
Thames Water were carrying out work to replace a water main near the Crocodile Antiques shop and Starbucks on Muswell Hill Broadway when they made the surprising discovery last week.
Haringey Council are in talks with English Heritage and hope they will examine the well in more detail.
Temporary traffic lights were put in place while construction workers dug up the road to uncover the well, but it is believed they will be removed imminently.
The water mains replacement is part of an ongoing programme by Thames Water taking place throughout Muswell Hill.
You may also want to watch:
The name “Muswell Hill” is believed to derive from a spring or well called the “Mossy Well.”
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 5 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 6 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 7 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road