Workers discover 30m well buried under Muswell Hill Broadway
- Credit: Archant
Haringey Council has invited English Heritage to investigate the well’s history
Thames Water were carrying out work to replace a water main near the Crocodile Antiques shop and Starbucks on Muswell Hill Broadway when they made the surprising discovery last week.
Haringey Council are in talks with English Heritage and hope they will examine the well in more detail.
Temporary traffic lights were put in place while construction workers dug up the road to uncover the well, but it is believed they will be removed imminently.
The water mains replacement is part of an ongoing programme by Thames Water taking place throughout Muswell Hill.
You may also want to watch:
The name “Muswell Hill” is believed to derive from a spring or well called the “Mossy Well.”
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 8 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans