Work of lesbian and gay artists showcased at Pride In The House exhibition at Lauderdale
Lauderdale House in Highgate hosted its annual Pride in the House art exhibition showcasing some of the best work from the lesbian and gay community.
Artists from all backgrounds were invited to submit photographs of their work before a panel of judges selected three artists to exhibit at the historic house in Waterlow Park.
This year the winners were Stratford artist Frixos Papantoniou, Tim Knight from Yorkshire and Melanie Menard from Brighton.
The overall winner, who will have her own exhibition at Lauderdale House later in the year, was announced as photographer and video artist Ms Menard at a private view last Tuesday evening.
Her atmospheric and haunting photographs of former asylums in Ireland impressed the judges.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers said up to 150 people attended the launch event which also featured the Annual Photographic Competition exhibition.
Among the four area winners were Samuel Webster from Highgate, who takes inspiration for his photography from walking in Hampstead Heath with his dog Roseo.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 8 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
Katherine Ives, director of Lauderdale House, said: “It was the best turnout we’ve had.
“Both exhibitions were buzzing and the warm summer’s evening encouraged people to come along as well.
“Every year we get very different entries for Pride in the House.
“This year there was a broad and interesting variety of styles and concepts.”