WORDS TO THE WISE: Quotes from our September 4 edition
IT has been a long time waiting. It is always a problem how to prioritise people in ill health but from a financial point only, to allow people to go blind is more expensive than not spending the money. To sit back and do nothing is criminal. Peter Mulvie
IT has been a long time waiting. It is always a problem how to prioritise people in ill health but from a financial point only, to allow people to go blind is more expensive than not spending the money. To sit back and do nothing is criminal.
Peter Mulvie is one of the people who will now be treated with a drug which can prevent blindness.
People start thinking about Christmas early because, with awful weather like we have had, we would all like to stay in with a Christmas tree and a bottle of wine.
Charity shop manageress Sarah Williams with her take on why people are already buying Christmas cards.
You may also want to watch:
The council is operating a trickster`s scam which is based on exploiting motorists' ignorance. Its ethical standards are those of a down market secondhand car dealer.
Parking campaigner Alex Henney responds to council leader Keith Moffitt's claim that parking enforcement is much fairer nowadays.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music event for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure
- 6 Driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police - Porsche seized
- 7 Planning application nears for Murphy's Yard redevelopment
- 8 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Mikel Arteta must trust Gabriel Martinelli against Villarreal
The West is now exporting this idea of beauty overseas, transforming any local ideas of what constitutes attractiveness. In China, the idea that height equates to beauty has brought in a new cosmetic surgery procedure. People are undergoing operations to make themselves 10cms taller. It's ghastly.
Thirty years on from writing Fat Is A Feminist Issue, psychoanalyst Susie Orbach (pictured left) believes that if anything, our preoccupation with body shape has become worse.
I worked on Empire Of The Sun too, but unfortunately I ended up on the cutting room floor.
David Yip is nothing if not philosophical about an actor's lot.
Miss Barwick has all sorts of wiles to get her own way. I hope I'm as astute as she is by the time I'm 87.
Highgate actress Doreen Mantle has a few years to go before she reaches the age of her latest character.