WORDS TO THE WISE: Quotes from our September 18 edition
I did in fact infringe the rules. I can only apologise and I have now made arrangements to repay the cost of producing the magazine to the House of Commons. MP Glenda Jackson has to foot a £7,500 printing bill after including disallowed material in her co
I did in fact infringe the rules. I can only apologise and I have now made arrangements to repay the cost of producing the magazine to the House of Commons.
MP Glenda Jackson has to foot a £7,500 printing bill after including disallowed material in her community magazine, but at least she had the good grace to apologise for her mistake.
I certainly do not think it feasible for a councillor to live permanently in another country and do justice to that important role, which involves regular and close contact with the community.
Another political apology (of sorts) from Camden Council leader Keith Moffitt who had originally defended a decision by now former Lib Dem councillor Philip Thompson to represent Kentish Town from his new home in Arizona.
You may also want to watch:
The only thing more shocking than a councillor thinking he could perform his duties from Arizona is the fact that his Lib Dem colleagues seemed perfectly aware of his plans.
Labour Party chair Mike Katz isn't prepared to let the Lib Dems off the hook easily.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station
Cllr Thompson was on two important scrutiny committees. This involves quizzing offers and hearing from concerned residents - something the Lib Dems think can happen from 5,000 miles away.
... nor is Cllr Anna Stewart, Labour group leader on Camden Council.