WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our October 9 edition
Did Giles really say that? Perhaps he was reflecting the Kentish Town vernacular. On the other hand, you may by now have received one of his infamously furious emails. Letter writer Sue Prickett wonders if prickly Giles Coren was guilty of a grammatical
Did Giles really say that? Perhaps he was reflecting the Kentish Town vernacular. On the other hand, you may by now have received one of his infamously furious emails.
Letter writer Sue Prickett wonders if prickly Giles Coren was guilty of a grammatical howler, or whether it was the fault of a fellow journalist... again.
I realised there are a lot of single people living here and there's nothing to hold them together. There is a tenants' association, but people don't go because they think it is too officious. This is more of a social group and people are so excited about it.
Lynne Watton has just launched Lissenden Ladies in a bid to foster community spirit in the Parliament Hill mansion block where she has lived for 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
... the West Village in New York, that's where Sarah Jessica Parker's character Carrie lives in the sitcom Sex and the City. Like West Hampstead it's fashionable, young and vibrant.
Fairtrade businesswoman Sara Simmonds (pictured left) would twin West Hampstead with New York's West Village.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
Golly, I shall get into trouble if you reveal that I can't remember how we met... I rescued her from a runaway horse.
Wit and raconteur Denis Norden has written a new book, Clips From A Life, but can't recall exactly how he met Avril, who he married more than 60 years ago.