WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our October 9 edition
Did Giles really say that? Perhaps he was reflecting the Kentish Town vernacular. On the other hand, you may by now have received one of his infamously furious emails. Letter writer Sue Prickett wonders if prickly Giles Coren was guilty of a grammatical
Did Giles really say that? Perhaps he was reflecting the Kentish Town vernacular. On the other hand, you may by now have received one of his infamously furious emails.
Letter writer Sue Prickett wonders if prickly Giles Coren was guilty of a grammatical howler, or whether it was the fault of a fellow journalist... again.
I realised there are a lot of single people living here and there's nothing to hold them together. There is a tenants' association, but people don't go because they think it is too officious. This is more of a social group and people are so excited about it.
Lynne Watton has just launched Lissenden Ladies in a bid to foster community spirit in the Parliament Hill mansion block where she has lived for 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
... the West Village in New York, that's where Sarah Jessica Parker's character Carrie lives in the sitcom Sex and the City. Like West Hampstead it's fashionable, young and vibrant.
Fairtrade businesswoman Sara Simmonds (pictured left) would twin West Hampstead with New York's West Village.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 7 Letters: The floods!
- 8 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 9 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
Golly, I shall get into trouble if you reveal that I can't remember how we met... I rescued her from a runaway horse.
Wit and raconteur Denis Norden has written a new book, Clips From A Life, but can't recall exactly how he met Avril, who he married more than 60 years ago.