WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our October 9 edition
Did Giles really say that? Perhaps he was reflecting the Kentish Town vernacular. On the other hand, you may by now have received one of his infamously furious emails. Letter writer Sue Prickett wonders if prickly Giles Coren was guilty of a grammatical
Did Giles really say that? Perhaps he was reflecting the Kentish Town vernacular. On the other hand, you may by now have received one of his infamously furious emails.
Letter writer Sue Prickett wonders if prickly Giles Coren was guilty of a grammatical howler, or whether it was the fault of a fellow journalist... again.
I realised there are a lot of single people living here and there's nothing to hold them together. There is a tenants' association, but people don't go because they think it is too officious. This is more of a social group and people are so excited about it.
Lynne Watton has just launched Lissenden Ladies in a bid to foster community spirit in the Parliament Hill mansion block where she has lived for 25 years.
... the West Village in New York, that's where Sarah Jessica Parker's character Carrie lives in the sitcom Sex and the City. Like West Hampstead it's fashionable, young and vibrant.
Fairtrade businesswoman Sara Simmonds (pictured left) would twin West Hampstead with New York's West Village.
- 1 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 2 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 3 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 4 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 5 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 9 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 10 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
Golly, I shall get into trouble if you reveal that I can't remember how we met... I rescued her from a runaway horse.
Wit and raconteur Denis Norden has written a new book, Clips From A Life, but can't recall exactly how he met Avril, who he married more than 60 years ago.