WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our October 9 edition
Did Giles really say that? Perhaps he was reflecting the Kentish Town vernacular. On the other hand, you may by now have received one of his infamously furious emails. Letter writer Sue Prickett wonders if prickly Giles Coren was guilty of a grammatical
Did Giles really say that? Perhaps he was reflecting the Kentish Town vernacular. On the other hand, you may by now have received one of his infamously furious emails.
Letter writer Sue Prickett wonders if prickly Giles Coren was guilty of a grammatical howler, or whether it was the fault of a fellow journalist... again.
I realised there are a lot of single people living here and there's nothing to hold them together. There is a tenants' association, but people don't go because they think it is too officious. This is more of a social group and people are so excited about it.
Lynne Watton has just launched Lissenden Ladies in a bid to foster community spirit in the Parliament Hill mansion block where she has lived for 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
... the West Village in New York, that's where Sarah Jessica Parker's character Carrie lives in the sitcom Sex and the City. Like West Hampstead it's fashionable, young and vibrant.
Fairtrade businesswoman Sara Simmonds (pictured left) would twin West Hampstead with New York's West Village.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
Golly, I shall get into trouble if you reveal that I can't remember how we met... I rescued her from a runaway horse.
Wit and raconteur Denis Norden has written a new book, Clips From A Life, but can't recall exactly how he met Avril, who he married more than 60 years ago.