Words to the Wise: Quotes from our October 23 edition
HE [Philip Thompson] was a good councillor who did a lot of work and was one of the main reasons the Kentish Town Baths were saved. They [his opponents] should come forward with some positive ideas of their own in this campaign rather than focusing on him
HE [Philip Thompson] was a good councillor who did a lot of work and was one of the main reasons the Kentish Town Baths were saved. They [his opponents] should come forward with some positive ideas of their own in this campaign rather than focusing on him.
Nick Russell, who is trying to win the Kentish Town council seat unedifyingly vacated by Philip Thompson following our revelations that he was running his council affairs from Tucson, Arizona.
Insulation, insulation, insulation. Add in some decent double glazing (the cheap stuff fails within the first three years) and hey presto, you have an energy efficient cocoon that requires virtually no energy to keep it warm.
Camden's eco champion Alexis Rowell's advice on making your home much more environmentally-friendly.
You may also want to watch:
So what if I have to spend five nights in a sleeping bag, survive on take-aways and queue for hours for a cold shower; this is still the most exciting election of my lifetime and I can't wait to be at the heart of action.
Tulip Siddiq is flying out to campaign for Barack Obama in Ohio, from where she will be sending regular despatches to the Ham&High.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
I've never looked at another woman. I understand why the press want that story. It would be a good story. But our marriage does work and it is real.
Richard Madeley reassures fans that he and Judy won't be hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons.
I have a touch of the obsessive compulsive disorder and Sally is more of a hermit. She's in her own world doing her own thing.
Lynn Chambers, one half of the female comedy double act, explains one important difference between her and stage partner Sally Nettleton.