Words to the Wise: Quotes from our October 23 edition
HE [Philip Thompson] was a good councillor who did a lot of work and was one of the main reasons the Kentish Town Baths were saved. They [his opponents] should come forward with some positive ideas of their own in this campaign rather than focusing on him
HE [Philip Thompson] was a good councillor who did a lot of work and was one of the main reasons the Kentish Town Baths were saved. They [his opponents] should come forward with some positive ideas of their own in this campaign rather than focusing on him.
Nick Russell, who is trying to win the Kentish Town council seat unedifyingly vacated by Philip Thompson following our revelations that he was running his council affairs from Tucson, Arizona.
Insulation, insulation, insulation. Add in some decent double glazing (the cheap stuff fails within the first three years) and hey presto, you have an energy efficient cocoon that requires virtually no energy to keep it warm.
Camden's eco champion Alexis Rowell's advice on making your home much more environmentally-friendly.
You may also want to watch:
So what if I have to spend five nights in a sleeping bag, survive on take-aways and queue for hours for a cold shower; this is still the most exciting election of my lifetime and I can't wait to be at the heart of action.
Tulip Siddiq is flying out to campaign for Barack Obama in Ohio, from where she will be sending regular despatches to the Ham&High.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 8 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
I've never looked at another woman. I understand why the press want that story. It would be a good story. But our marriage does work and it is real.
Richard Madeley reassures fans that he and Judy won't be hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons.
I have a touch of the obsessive compulsive disorder and Sally is more of a hermit. She's in her own world doing her own thing.
Lynn Chambers, one half of the female comedy double act, explains one important difference between her and stage partner Sally Nettleton.