WORDS TO THE WISE: Quotes from our October 16 edition
More than one of the happy protesters told me that the councillors decision had restored their faith in local politics. It is the job of local politicians to fight for the interests of residents. Liberal Democrat would-be councillor Nick Russell puts a
More than one of the happy protesters told me that the councillors' decision had restored their faith in local politics. It is the job of local politicians to fight for the interests of residents.
Liberal Democrat would-be councillor Nick Russell puts a positive slant on Camden Council's decision to side with campaigners trying to save the Torriano pub.
The reality is they have taken a huge gamble over the future of the pub for what appears to be short-term political gain.
Green Party councillor Maya de Souza, who voted with the developers, accuses the Lib Dems of making political capital of the same campaign.
You may also want to watch:
People say Spurs are too good to go down. But there has never been a team in the history of the game relegated, who were not 'too good to have gone down'. Two points from 21 is just not good enough. Former Spurs and England captain Gary Mabbutt urges Spurs to pull their socks up before their plight gets any worse
Will those who have paid huge sums of money to live in the flats be happy to live so close to the church? Will they share our love of the soaring organ and the sweet sound of the choir - not just on Sunday mornings but virtually every morning and evening? Will they love the laughter of scampering children? Before long they will be asking for the 'noise' to be stopped
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
Angela Sheehan wrote to Barnet council to object to plans for a block of flats beside St Edward the Confessor Church in Golders Green.
When I feel that I can't be bothered to vote, I always try to remember the history.
Actress Juliet Stevenson acknowledges the legacy of the suffragettes.