WORDS TO THE WISE: Quotes from our november 13 edition
People are cutting quantity rather than quality. Everyone is spending less. Although some people are drinking a lot because pubs have been doing better business in the last few weeks. Award-winning sommelier Bruno Murciano gives his verdict on how the cre
People are cutting quantity rather than quality. Everyone is spending less. Although some people are drinking a lot because pubs have been doing better business in the last few weeks.
Award-winning sommelier Bruno Murciano gives his verdict on how the credit crunch will affect the quality wines business.
There has been an upsurge of outrage against bankers making off with huge bonuses in pursuit of their own greedy goals. There was extraordinary myopia and greed. There were groups of very senior people who had no idea what they were doing, and they were culpable.
Financial guru George Magnus, from Highgate, delivers a damning verdict on the behaviour of greedy bankers, which may indeed lead to less wine being consumed in these parts.
You may also want to watch:
When I listen to London Calling, Joy Division, The Cure, I still like it for what it was. And for what it still is for me. I knew when I was young that it was incredible, that it was different. And now I know why.
Marc Collins of French Band Nouvelle Vague, proves that whatever the genre, music is always a voyage of discovery.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 8 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
Anywhere else ruins as spectacular as these would be swamped by hordes of tourists and it is truly moving to find yourself almost alone in this ancient world, listening to the crickets in the grass and imagining how life there could have been.
Travel writer Marianne Gray discovered that rare thing nowadays, an unexplored delight.
It is understandable young people should want respect but it is very sad that some of them think that carrying a gun will earn them that respect.
Det Chief Supt Helen Ball, head of Trident, who was in Camden to help launch a new anti-gun campaign.