WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our May 15 editions
I wanted to remind him that he was a driving instructor and shouldn t be driving down a residential road at 50 or 60mph. This is someone teaching our sons and daughters. If he s doing this to my car, what s he going to do with your daughter s? Mo Ehyaii c
I wanted to remind him that he was a driving instructor and shouldn't be driving down a residential road at 50 or 60mph. This is someone teaching our sons and daughters. If he's doing this to my car, what's he going to do with your daughter's?
Mo Ehyaii claims his car was damaged in a road rage incident involving a driving instructor.
Tom is the straight guy in those scenes - he's worried, agitated and anal. I think you could describe him as a study in unease. It's nice to play a character like that as a change from the slacker.
Peep Show star Robert Webb is looking forward to his new role as the anally-retentive Tom in Fat Pig at Trafalgar Studios.
My favourite local building? I'm torn between St Jude's and Waitrose. St Jude's has fantastic acoustics as well as beautiful murals. Waitrose is purely for the convenience.
Trumpeter Deborah Calland plays at the Proms at St Jude's next month but don't be surprised if she nips out to her favourite supermarket during the interval.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 5 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 6 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 7 Gold and silver for a Platinum Jubilee party
- 8 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 Home of the week: Hampstead flat with garden for £1.25m
Some of the proposals are quite elite and preachy. Some [people] might feel they are being lectured.
Camden Council's lecturer-in-chief Theo Blackwell's response to eco champ Alexis Rowell's plan for saving the planet, or at least the Camden part of it.