WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our May 1 edition
Not content with trying to force residents to stop eating meat, he now wants to risk landing them with a huge bill. No wonder people of all political persuasions are starting to suggest that Cllr Rowell s real motivator is ego rather than eco. Fighting ta
Not content with trying to force residents to stop eating meat, he now wants to risk landing them with a huge bill. No wonder people of all political persuasions are starting to suggest that Cllr Rowell's real motivator is ego rather than eco.
Fighting talk from Camden's environment chief, Cllr Mike Greene, aimed at eco champion Alexis Rowell.
I don't have any recollection of finishing at all. It was exhausting - absolute agony. I just kept putting one foot in front of the other and prayer got me through.
Not content with pushing herself to the limit on a walk up Highgate Hill, ataxia sufferer Fieke van den Berg is planning another sponsored walk in France.
You may also want to watch:
I support Bill Bryson's Stop the Drop anti-litter campaign. He's a very avuncular figure, you just want to hug him to death.
Speak for yourself, Angela [Humphery) who is featured in this week's Who's Who column.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
Can I suggest you rename the department Parking Mugging Services because you don't do anyone a service.
Builder Richard Chaumeton, veteran of 100 tickets, writes to Camden Council leader Keith Moffitt.
We will all remember him for his sparkling wit, great kindness and of course, fabulous jazz.
Nicky Begent, chairman of Friends of the Royal Free, pays tribute to long-time supporter Humphrey Lyttleton.