WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our May 1 edition
Not content with trying to force residents to stop eating meat, he now wants to risk landing them with a huge bill. No wonder people of all political persuasions are starting to suggest that Cllr Rowell s real motivator is ego rather than eco. Fighting ta
Not content with trying to force residents to stop eating meat, he now wants to risk landing them with a huge bill. No wonder people of all political persuasions are starting to suggest that Cllr Rowell's real motivator is ego rather than eco.
Fighting talk from Camden's environment chief, Cllr Mike Greene, aimed at eco champion Alexis Rowell.
I don't have any recollection of finishing at all. It was exhausting - absolute agony. I just kept putting one foot in front of the other and prayer got me through.
Not content with pushing herself to the limit on a walk up Highgate Hill, ataxia sufferer Fieke van den Berg is planning another sponsored walk in France.
I support Bill Bryson's Stop the Drop anti-litter campaign. He's a very avuncular figure, you just want to hug him to death.
Speak for yourself, Angela [Humphery) who is featured in this week's Who's Who column.
- 1 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 5 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 9 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 10 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
Can I suggest you rename the department Parking Mugging Services because you don't do anyone a service.
Builder Richard Chaumeton, veteran of 100 tickets, writes to Camden Council leader Keith Moffitt.
We will all remember him for his sparkling wit, great kindness and of course, fabulous jazz.
Nicky Begent, chairman of Friends of the Royal Free, pays tribute to long-time supporter Humphrey Lyttleton.