WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our March 6 edition
I ve worked it out – I ve spent around £250 per ticket and I ve warned them I will double that to £500 if they don t respond within 14 days and I will consider using legal proceedings to recover those sums. Legal eagle Jonathan Barr has turned the tables
I've worked it out - I've spent around £250 per ticket and I've warned them I will double that to £500 if they don't respond within 14 days and I will consider using legal proceedings to recover those sums.
Legal eagle Jonathan Barr has turned the tables on TfL's parking enforcement regime, charging them for the time he has had to spend on contesting unfair fines.
My father was multicultural and despised racism. In his medical practice he expected people to understand the science and the technology but demanded that they understand the humanity too.
Nick Morris pays tribute to his professor father, Norman, the first doctor to allow husbands to witness their wives giving birth.
You may also want to watch:
I saw them as a way of starting a career for someone like me with no connections whatsoever - although I did know a girl who worked in the make-up department at ATV (the maker of New Faces). People were queuing up in the street to audition and I knew I wouldn't get seen, so she put my application at the top of the pile.
With a little help from a friend, Victoria Wood (pictured) got her big break on a TV talent show.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Sometimes those who work in the industry (not the comedians) don't even like comedy. They don't recognise what fun is. I just think, 'How the f*** did you get this job?'
Adam Bloom on people who make a living out of comedy without ever getting it.
In the same week Gordon Brown says we need tough decisions to tackle climate change, Ruth Kelly comes out and says the government is backing this. We have to take this campaign to the people making the policy decisions.
Primrose hill church worker Tamsin Omond was one of the Heathrow third runway rooftop protesters.