WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our March 6 edition
I ve worked it out – I ve spent around £250 per ticket and I ve warned them I will double that to £500 if they don t respond within 14 days and I will consider using legal proceedings to recover those sums. Legal eagle Jonathan Barr has turned the tables
I've worked it out - I've spent around £250 per ticket and I've warned them I will double that to £500 if they don't respond within 14 days and I will consider using legal proceedings to recover those sums.
Legal eagle Jonathan Barr has turned the tables on TfL's parking enforcement regime, charging them for the time he has had to spend on contesting unfair fines.
My father was multicultural and despised racism. In his medical practice he expected people to understand the science and the technology but demanded that they understand the humanity too.
Nick Morris pays tribute to his professor father, Norman, the first doctor to allow husbands to witness their wives giving birth.
You may also want to watch:
I saw them as a way of starting a career for someone like me with no connections whatsoever - although I did know a girl who worked in the make-up department at ATV (the maker of New Faces). People were queuing up in the street to audition and I knew I wouldn't get seen, so she put my application at the top of the pile.
With a little help from a friend, Victoria Wood (pictured) got her big break on a TV talent show.
- 1 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 2 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 10 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
Sometimes those who work in the industry (not the comedians) don't even like comedy. They don't recognise what fun is. I just think, 'How the f*** did you get this job?'
Adam Bloom on people who make a living out of comedy without ever getting it.
In the same week Gordon Brown says we need tough decisions to tackle climate change, Ruth Kelly comes out and says the government is backing this. We have to take this campaign to the people making the policy decisions.
Primrose hill church worker Tamsin Omond was one of the Heathrow third runway rooftop protesters.