WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our March 20 edition
THE bravery and dedication of the police officers never ceases to amaze me. If you look at celebrities and all the awards they get, all I get to give these guys is a certificate and a pat on the back. It makes you wonder sometimes Chief Superintendent Dom
THE bravery and dedication of the police officers never ceases to amaze me. If you look at celebrities and all the awards they get, all I get to give these guys is a certificate and a pat on the back. It makes you wonder sometimes
Chief Superintendent Dominic Clout acknowledge the bravery of officers who go above and beyond the call of duty.
About 10 or 11 years ago, I said to my ex-wife that I had to find a long-term job for Oliver so he could survive independently. My idea was that he could work in a cafe. I couldn't believe my favourite cafe came up for sale just when I was looking.
Dr Otto Chan has bought a 15-year lease on The Village Cafe on Belsize Lane so that his autistic son can live an independent life.
I loved playing at the old Hampstead Theatre and wanted to support the new one as it's a very important space. We need theatres outside the West End - they are essential for work that challenges and provokes without having such a commercial demand. The new stage is fantastic and I look forward to treading its boards some time in the future
Ewan McGregor (pictured left) sounding very much as if he has plans to appear at Hampstead Theatre in the not-too-distant future.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 9 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
I have played a lot of monsters in my time but their saving grace is they had a sense of humour. Marlene had none whatsoever. She was snappy, didn't suffer fools and talked about herself all the time. I have read so many books about her - her daughter's is particularly unkind.
Kate O'Mara on her latest role as the difficult Marlene Dietrich.
Send me your vile, bigoted, humourless, bag of crap publication again, and I shall be forced to call the police.
What food critic Giles Coren told The Oldie magazine. Obviously. it's not to his taste.