WORDS TO THE WISE: Quotes from our August 7 edition
They had just stepped off the plane and their first experience of London was that there was no electricity. The phones and the doorbell stopped working and we had a visually impaired man coming to tune the piano – so we couldn t leave him a note. All the
They had just stepped off the plane and their first experience of London was that there was no electricity. The phones and the doorbell stopped working and we had a visually impaired man coming to tune the piano - so we couldn't leave him a note. All the clocks have gone back to zero and our new printer went berserk.
Lizzie Spender, wife of Dame Edna Everage creator Barry Humphries, describes the unusual situation her Australian grandchildren encountered on arriving for a holiday in Hampstead.
He and my mother were like an incredible power house when I was growing up and I wouldn't be at all who I am if it wasn't for them and, of course, for his interest in literature.
Michael Rosen pays tribute to his father, Professor Harold Rosen, who died last week.
You may also want to watch:
My biggest challenge right now is being on a bus with two toddlers. I have to get them on overnight runs, figure out where the playground activities are in each new place, do my shows and be a full-time mum - all without Elvis.
Diana Krall (pictured) is bringing her stage show and her twins to Hampstead this week for Saturday night's Kenwood show, but sadly husband Elvis Costello is on tour with Sting in America and won't be making an appearance.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
Hampstead and Highgate are very doggy areas and we do get outbreaks now and then. It can be very irritating for the dog - they can't go out and socialise with other dogs for a period of time.
Vet Ben Harris is treating a vicious strain of kennel cough, a concern both for dog owners and their sociable pets.
Having counted 54 spots and feeling as if her face were turning into a deep crust Quattro Formaggio before her very eyes, Donna vowed that if she ever recovered she would always look after her skin.
Amanda Blinkhorn explains why Donna Gershinson decided to open up a skin clinic.