WORDS TO THE WISE: Quotes from our August 21 edition
Following extensive negotiations, the Hawley Arms has submitted a revised planning application which we consider will form the basis of an acceptable scheme. A Camden Council planning office spokesman s rather formal way of announcing that the Hawley Arms
Following extensive negotiations, the Hawley Arms has submitted a revised planning application which we consider will form the basis of an acceptable scheme.
A Camden Council planning office spokesman's rather formal way of announcing that the Hawley Arms, destroyed by the Camden fire, is likely to get planning permission to rebuild and reopen. Regulars like Mighty Booch star Noel Fielding (pictured right) hope it will be up and running by Christmas.
When I was starting out I was always interested to hear how people had worked their way up. Very often people are too busy to give young people their time, and today was one of those moments where we had time to think about what we do and how we have got here. It's a process of discovery for me too.
Michael Palin offered some pearls of wisdom for budding TV stars at a Graft and Glamour event at the Roundhouse, including the observation that in his business, you're always learning.
You may also want to watch:
When we first spoke to our patients about the project, they said they wanted a place which was styled more like a hotel and less like a hospital. With the community's help, we are turning the hospice into a beautiful setting which enhances the well-being and quality of life of our patients and their families.
Hampstead Hospice manager Rachel Anticoni is delighted with the progress of the Project Butterfly appeal, which is raising £3.7million to refurbish the Lyndhurst Gardens care centre.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
We're making a habit of this. For the third year running a decent pre-season, and some big dreams, earned us no more than a very swift wake up call up north.
Disgruntled Spurs fan Mike McKinley responds to Tottenham's 2-1 defeat at Middlesbrough on the first day of the new league season, and hopes things improve this weekend.