WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our April 3 edition
SHE got a beautiful card from The Queen and a telegram from the pensions service. She was hoping there might be a cheque from The Queen as well, though – we heard that in Ireland you get £5,000 when you get to 100. A friend of centenarian Ella Spray, who
SHE got a beautiful card from The Queen and a telegram from the pensions service. She was hoping there might be a cheque from The Queen as well, though - we heard that in Ireland you get £5,000 when you get to 100.
A friend of centenarian Ella Spray, who had a memorable 100th birthday treat - though sadly it didn't include a cheque from Her Majesty.
I should walk to work as it is so close by, but I go by car because even at 6pm I do not feel safe walking along here carrying a briefcase.
The sorry state of affairs on Wedderburn Road, as reported by Iqbal Bundhun and others.
You may also want to watch:
If you want people to protect the environment they've got to love it, and for them to love it, it's got to be beautiful. I feel sentimental about the mud.
Mayoral candidate Boris Johnson went digging for votes with the Heath Hands.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 4 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 5 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
We need a Boris insurance policy. He clearly has no interest in stopping climate change - he goes on a bike and says he likes trees and that's where it ends.
Green candidate Sian Berry clearly isn't impressed by Boris's eco efforts.
I feel like my campaign is having an impact at last and that my life has not been wasted.
Asylum seeker Afshin Azizian who has given evidence to the Independent Asylum Commission.
Thinking people take what he writes with a large pinch of salt. Thinking doesn't seem to be his talent.
Tom Conti on David Aaronovitch
The rattle came flying out of the pram, at a velocity which suggests that while its occupant can dish it out, he doesn't like it coming back.
David Aaronovitch on Tom Conti