WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our April 24 edition
I ve never won one before so it was good. It was a great night. But you should treat success and failure the same – with a pinch of salt. Comedian Harry Hill, performing in Hampstead on Monday night after winning a BAFTA, obviously believes in the Rudyard
I've never won one before so it was good. It was a great night. But you should treat success and failure the same - with a pinch of salt.
Comedian Harry Hill, performing in Hampstead on Monday night after winning a BAFTA, obviously believes in the Rudyard Kipling approach to triumph and disaster.
In the past year I have walked briskly for 40 minutes five days a week and I am totally addicted. I have lost weight - dropping two dress sizes - saved my petrol money and my gym membership money. On top of this it really helps my environmental credentials.
Today is Walk To Work day and shame on you if you didn't follow the example of Beatrice Manu.
You may also want to watch:
Rock stars are actors too. There's not many actors who can get 60,000 people to watch them perform,
Director Nicolas Roeg who has worked with Mick Jagger, David Bowie and Art Garfunkel, to name but a few.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
It is about a feeling I had when I came back to England - that nobody is interested in each other. But it's [also] about how joyful life can be from little things, like how you can enjoy a child's smile when you are on a bus.
Soul singer Vimala referring to one of her songs, Angel, which marks her emergence as a rising talent. Much of her songwriting is done on the open spaces of Hampstead Heath.