WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our April 17 edition
I managed to see the driver crawl through his window. He was obviously in shock and just kept walking around in circles saying he needed to talk to his wife. I m amazed he got out alive. Redington Road resident Ronel Lehmann saw a driver make his escape f
I managed to see the driver crawl through his window. He was obviously in shock and just kept walking around in circles saying he needed to talk to his wife. I'm amazed he got out alive.
Redington Road resident Ronel Lehmann saw a driver make his escape from the wreck of a crashed 4x4.
The writer puts words out there and the words pass through the filter of you. You have to locate things, do the spade work, flesh out the part, help your imagination and make sure you have asked the right questions and are not skimming the surface.
Chalk Farm actress Lindsay Duncan has some wise words of advice for aspiring thespians.
You may also want to watch:
Evolving their stories over several hours allows that rare theatrical experience - witnessing characters in flux, their shifting philosophies changed by history and circumstance. An exhilarating, challenging night at the theatre.
Theatre critic Bridget Galton's enthusiastic verdict on an epic five-hour production of War and Peace at Hampstead Theatre.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
At one point, we saw him [the chef patron] disappear to the local shop, returning with a carrier bag of provisions. Perhaps he'd run out of olive oil or just popped out for some fresh air. Whatever the reason, he seemed to have spent very little time behind his stove.
Victoria Prever's somewhat less enthusiastic review of her latest restaurant visit.