WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our April 17 edition
I managed to see the driver crawl through his window. He was obviously in shock and just kept walking around in circles saying he needed to talk to his wife. I m amazed he got out alive. Redington Road resident Ronel Lehmann saw a driver make his escape f
I managed to see the driver crawl through his window. He was obviously in shock and just kept walking around in circles saying he needed to talk to his wife. I'm amazed he got out alive.
Redington Road resident Ronel Lehmann saw a driver make his escape from the wreck of a crashed 4x4.
The writer puts words out there and the words pass through the filter of you. You have to locate things, do the spade work, flesh out the part, help your imagination and make sure you have asked the right questions and are not skimming the surface.
Chalk Farm actress Lindsay Duncan has some wise words of advice for aspiring thespians.
You may also want to watch:
Evolving their stories over several hours allows that rare theatrical experience - witnessing characters in flux, their shifting philosophies changed by history and circumstance. An exhilarating, challenging night at the theatre.
Theatre critic Bridget Galton's enthusiastic verdict on an epic five-hour production of War and Peace at Hampstead Theatre.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
At one point, we saw him [the chef patron] disappear to the local shop, returning with a carrier bag of provisions. Perhaps he'd run out of olive oil or just popped out for some fresh air. Whatever the reason, he seemed to have spent very little time behind his stove.
Victoria Prever's somewhat less enthusiastic review of her latest restaurant visit.