WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our April 10 edition
The cycling issue was consulted on widely but the fishing matter was pushed through with unusual speed. Perhaps Cap n Bob [Hall] will use his next Ham&High column to explain why he and his committee think it a good idea to remove the little protection swa
The cycling issue was consulted on widely but the fishing matter was pushed through with unusual speed. Perhaps Cap'n Bob [Hall] will use his next Ham&High column to explain why he and his committee think it a good idea to remove the little protection swans had.
Regular correspondent Skip Murphy is dismayed that anglers have won the right to fish on more of Hampstead Heath's ponds.
No matter how long it takes, the Payback Unit will pursue offenders and seek to strip away assets from criminal conduct. We will hit them where it hurts.
A warning to criminals from Camden police whose Payback Fortnight initiative netted more than £140,000 of ill-gotten gains.
You may also want to watch:
He stopped and stared at me, gave me a good eye-balling. I expect he was nipping up to South Hill Park Gardens to look through some of the better rubbish.
Wildlife photographer Ron Vester was surprised to encounter this foxy friend in clear daylight during Sunday's snowfall.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 4 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 5 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 6 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 7 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 8 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 9 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
It's unfair that I'm always very happy to ask people incredibly nosy questions and yet quite unwilling to answer them myself.
Writer Lynn Barber, whose story of teenage love and deception is to be told on the silver screen in An Education.
Once you reach 50, fashions are not made for us any more and the cosmetic industry preys on the fact that we want to get rid of wrinkles.
Marilyn Markham has formed a Hampstead chapter of The Purple Orchids who boldly go where other over 50s fail to venture.
By the age of seven he had found his true vocation and was in the habit of lecturing to his assembled line of toys.
Professor Michael Podro is fondly remembered by newphew Robert.