WORDS TO THE WISE: quotes from our April 10 edition
The cycling issue was consulted on widely but the fishing matter was pushed through with unusual speed. Perhaps Cap n Bob [Hall] will use his next Ham&High column to explain why he and his committee think it a good idea to remove the little protection swa
The cycling issue was consulted on widely but the fishing matter was pushed through with unusual speed. Perhaps Cap'n Bob [Hall] will use his next Ham&High column to explain why he and his committee think it a good idea to remove the little protection swans had.
Regular correspondent Skip Murphy is dismayed that anglers have won the right to fish on more of Hampstead Heath's ponds.
No matter how long it takes, the Payback Unit will pursue offenders and seek to strip away assets from criminal conduct. We will hit them where it hurts.
A warning to criminals from Camden police whose Payback Fortnight initiative netted more than £140,000 of ill-gotten gains.
You may also want to watch:
He stopped and stared at me, gave me a good eye-balling. I expect he was nipping up to South Hill Park Gardens to look through some of the better rubbish.
Wildlife photographer Ron Vester was surprised to encounter this foxy friend in clear daylight during Sunday's snowfall.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
It's unfair that I'm always very happy to ask people incredibly nosy questions and yet quite unwilling to answer them myself.
Writer Lynn Barber, whose story of teenage love and deception is to be told on the silver screen in An Education.
Once you reach 50, fashions are not made for us any more and the cosmetic industry preys on the fact that we want to get rid of wrinkles.
Marilyn Markham has formed a Hampstead chapter of The Purple Orchids who boldly go where other over 50s fail to venture.
By the age of seven he had found his true vocation and was in the habit of lecturing to his assembled line of toys.
Professor Michael Podro is fondly remembered by newphew Robert.