WORDS TO THE WISE: favourite quotes from our October 18 editions
IF kids are walking through the Heath they should do so in groups and they shouldn t flash their iPods and mobile phones. Sensible advice for schoolchildren from Heath Constabulary manager Richard Gentry after a spate of thefts. People told excellent sto
IF kids are walking through the Heath they should do so in groups and they shouldn't flash their iPods and mobile phones.
Sensible advice for schoolchildren from Heath Constabulary manager Richard Gentry after a spate of thefts.
People told excellent stories. Edward Parry told us about the night Fellowship House was bombed. His grandfather turned up on their doorstep in his pyjamas, dressing gown and bowler hat to check they were all ok.
Priceless memories were exchanged at a celebration for some of Hampstead Garden Suburb's oldest residents.
You may also want to watch:
Most high streets need a good mixture of national names and independent local shops, restaurants and pubs. Highgate seems to have achieved this.
John Plews of The Gatehouse sings the praises of London's finest.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
I cannot plan the future because I cannot even see past the next day.
Jane Gauntlett, who suffered brain damage when attacked by three muggers while out cycling.
They could have come and asked us to turn the noise down rather than shooting me in the head.
Adam Terry was among the victims of an air rifle sniper who took the law into his own hands.
I'm not going to detain you for long because I know most of you have affairs to get to.
Writer and raconteur Will Self speaking to a mostly adult audience at Henrietta Barnett School.
We were overwhelmed by the support from the community last year, giving terminally ill people quality of life when it matters most.
Hampstead Hospice fundraiser Liz Allen at the launch of this year's appeal.