WORDS TO THE WISE: favourite quotes from our October 18 editions
IF kids are walking through the Heath they should do so in groups and they shouldn t flash their iPods and mobile phones. Sensible advice for schoolchildren from Heath Constabulary manager Richard Gentry after a spate of thefts. People told excellent sto
IF kids are walking through the Heath they should do so in groups and they shouldn't flash their iPods and mobile phones.
Sensible advice for schoolchildren from Heath Constabulary manager Richard Gentry after a spate of thefts.
People told excellent stories. Edward Parry told us about the night Fellowship House was bombed. His grandfather turned up on their doorstep in his pyjamas, dressing gown and bowler hat to check they were all ok.
Priceless memories were exchanged at a celebration for some of Hampstead Garden Suburb's oldest residents.
You may also want to watch:
Most high streets need a good mixture of national names and independent local shops, restaurants and pubs. Highgate seems to have achieved this.
John Plews of The Gatehouse sings the praises of London's finest.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 5 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
I cannot plan the future because I cannot even see past the next day.
Jane Gauntlett, who suffered brain damage when attacked by three muggers while out cycling.
They could have come and asked us to turn the noise down rather than shooting me in the head.
Adam Terry was among the victims of an air rifle sniper who took the law into his own hands.
I'm not going to detain you for long because I know most of you have affairs to get to.
Writer and raconteur Will Self speaking to a mostly adult audience at Henrietta Barnett School.
We were overwhelmed by the support from the community last year, giving terminally ill people quality of life when it matters most.
Hampstead Hospice fundraiser Liz Allen at the launch of this year's appeal.