WORDS TO THE WISE: favourite quotes from our February 21 edition
People think, Ah Felicity Kendal, Noel Coward, I know what I am going to get. But they actually get Dan Stevens shouting a lot at Felicity Kendal and you can feel that excitement. That s what I am in it for. Highgate actor Dan Stevens who is appearing o
People think, 'Ah Felicity Kendal, Noel Coward, I know what I am going to get.' But they actually get Dan Stevens shouting a lot at Felicity Kendal and you can feel that excitement. That's what I am in it for.
Highgate actor Dan Stevens who is appearing on the West End stage in Noel Coward's The Vortex.
We went to bed without putting logs in the wood burner. Big mistake. We woke up at 5am with the temperature below zero. Half-asleep and freezing cold I was obliged to make a fire from first principles. A copy of the Economist has never been better used as a fire lighter.
Camden Council's Alexis Rowell survived an eco holiday in the Swiss Alps, but only just.
You may also want to watch:
In every community there are good people who want to do positive things and I hope my award inspires others to make a difference, taking action, getting involved in learning how to do things by empowering themselves to be future leaders of their communities.
Abdi Arshe, 24, picked up an Exceptional People In Camden (EPIC) award two years ago, and is urging residents to nominate their local heroes for this year's event.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
Reach the top of your game and you're forever teetering over a bottomless chasm of fallen heroes. The great British media (and much of the public) will line up to gloat at the first sign of failure. The higher you climb, the steeper the drop.
Ominous words from Ham&High restaurant critic Victoria Prever. So which celebrity cook is heading for a fall, in her book?