WORDS TO THE WISE: favourite quotes from our February 21 edition
People think, Ah Felicity Kendal, Noel Coward, I know what I am going to get. But they actually get Dan Stevens shouting a lot at Felicity Kendal and you can feel that excitement. That s what I am in it for. Highgate actor Dan Stevens who is appearing o
People think, 'Ah Felicity Kendal, Noel Coward, I know what I am going to get.' But they actually get Dan Stevens shouting a lot at Felicity Kendal and you can feel that excitement. That's what I am in it for.
Highgate actor Dan Stevens who is appearing on the West End stage in Noel Coward's The Vortex.
We went to bed without putting logs in the wood burner. Big mistake. We woke up at 5am with the temperature below zero. Half-asleep and freezing cold I was obliged to make a fire from first principles. A copy of the Economist has never been better used as a fire lighter.
Camden Council's Alexis Rowell survived an eco holiday in the Swiss Alps, but only just.
You may also want to watch:
In every community there are good people who want to do positive things and I hope my award inspires others to make a difference, taking action, getting involved in learning how to do things by empowering themselves to be future leaders of their communities.
Abdi Arshe, 24, picked up an Exceptional People In Camden (EPIC) award two years ago, and is urging residents to nominate their local heroes for this year's event.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 9 Letters: The floods!
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
Reach the top of your game and you're forever teetering over a bottomless chasm of fallen heroes. The great British media (and much of the public) will line up to gloat at the first sign of failure. The higher you climb, the steeper the drop.
Ominous words from Ham&High restaurant critic Victoria Prever. So which celebrity cook is heading for a fall, in her book?