WORDS TO THE WISE: favourite quotes from our February 21 edition
People think, Ah Felicity Kendal, Noel Coward, I know what I am going to get. But they actually get Dan Stevens shouting a lot at Felicity Kendal and you can feel that excitement. That s what I am in it for. Highgate actor Dan Stevens who is appearing o
People think, 'Ah Felicity Kendal, Noel Coward, I know what I am going to get.' But they actually get Dan Stevens shouting a lot at Felicity Kendal and you can feel that excitement. That's what I am in it for.
Highgate actor Dan Stevens who is appearing on the West End stage in Noel Coward's The Vortex.
We went to bed without putting logs in the wood burner. Big mistake. We woke up at 5am with the temperature below zero. Half-asleep and freezing cold I was obliged to make a fire from first principles. A copy of the Economist has never been better used as a fire lighter.
Camden Council's Alexis Rowell survived an eco holiday in the Swiss Alps, but only just.
You may also want to watch:
In every community there are good people who want to do positive things and I hope my award inspires others to make a difference, taking action, getting involved in learning how to do things by empowering themselves to be future leaders of their communities.
Abdi Arshe, 24, picked up an Exceptional People In Camden (EPIC) award two years ago, and is urging residents to nominate their local heroes for this year's event.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 4 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 8 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 9 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
Reach the top of your game and you're forever teetering over a bottomless chasm of fallen heroes. The great British media (and much of the public) will line up to gloat at the first sign of failure. The higher you climb, the steeper the drop.
Ominous words from Ham&High restaurant critic Victoria Prever. So which celebrity cook is heading for a fall, in her book?