WORDS TO THE WISE: Favourite quotes from February 7 edition
She was not just my sister she was my best friend. I feel I owe it to her to find out if anything could have been done to help, that wasn t. Sally-Anne Marsh, whose sister Terry-Anne Smyth died of a blood clot at University College London Hospital, has d
She was not just my sister she was my best friend. I feel I owe it to her to find out if anything could have been done to help, that wasn't.
Sally-Anne Marsh, whose sister Terry-Anne Smyth died of a blood clot at University College London Hospital, has delayed the inquest into her death so the hospital can review its practices.
I got the train to Nottingham, the bus to Ilkeston and then a taxi to the bed and breakfast I had to stay at because I was due in court at 10am the next day. The hearing was delayed for an hour, then I swore on oath that I wasn't the owner of a red Volvo and I wasn't Christopher Mason from Stoke-on-Trent. The judge said: 'This is ridiculous, you are obviously not the man we want' and after four and a half months of letters and phone calls it was all over in two or three minutes.
Christopher Mason (pictured left) who was sent on a wild goose chase by the DVLA.
You may also want to watch:
Despite a nervous start to the session, from the first moment I tapped the chisel into a block of wood the appeal was obvious. The way the wood peels back from the blade, the feel of the mallet hitting the chisel and the surprising amount of control you have over the cuts - it is all strangely engrossing.
Ham&High reporter Tan Parsons gets to grips with his inner whittler.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 7 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
As burlesque has got bigger the venues have got bigger and the costumes and props have got bigger. It's really a case of whatever fantasy you can dream up, you can make it happen.
Immodesty Blaize on her new cabaret show, compered by Julian Clary.