Wood Lane brothers linked to historical project
I am researching the history of 60 Farringdon Road for a small book to mark the opening of The Free Word Centre here in September. I would love to find anyone with memories, photographs or memorabilia associated with this building or its immediate environ
I am researching the history of 60 Farringdon Road for a small book to mark the opening of The Free Word Centre here in September. I would love to find anyone with memories, photographs or memorabilia associated with this building or its immediate environs that we could include.
From 1875 - 1971 Number 60 was the premises of William & Thomas Robson, wheelwrights and then car body builders, who originally lived in Wood Lane, Highgate. I should particularly like to trace this family.
From 1979 - 2002 the building was used variously as a builders yard and as a mixure of studios, offices and workshops: Photomarkets, AKA Film & Television Services and the Community Music House are the names that I have records of.
I should also like to hear from anyone with information about selling books from the Farringdon Road stalls. Time is alas short and any thoughts will be gratefully received (email@example.com) phone 01749 831132 or 07875862923 (mobile).
You may also want to watch:
Cutterne Mill, Evercreech
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
Somerset BA4 6LY