Woman who requires ‘high level’ of care missing from Westminster
- Credit: Archant
A vulnerable woman has been missing from Westminster for more than a week.
Gakleen Shahata, 38, was last seen at 7.55am on December 27 when she left her home in George Peabody Court.
Police are concerned for her welfare because she has not made contact with relatives since, and because she requires a “high level” of care.
She has long brown hair, is of medium build, is between 5ft 2in and 5ft 6in and speaks “very limited Arabic”.
The last time she was seen, she was wearing a cardigan and jeans.
Ms Shahata is known to visit Edgware Road, Hyde Park and Oxford Street but does not have a mobile phone or Oyster Card.
Anyone who has seen her or knows of her whereabouts is urged to call police on 101.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 5 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 6 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 7 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 10 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'