Woman who died at Swiss Cottage swimming pool is named
- Credit: Archant
A woman who died while swimming at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre has been named.
A lifeguard fought to save the life of 59-year-old Nebiat Tekleab, of Ariel Road, West Hampstead, after she disappeared under water following a suspected heart attack on Tuesday, March 18.
She was swimming at the leisure centre’s pool in Adelaide Road when she sank under water at about 11am.
The lifeguard immediately intervened and attempted to resuscitate her at the poolside.
Shocked leisure centre users watched as paramedics ran from an air ambulance that landed at nearby Swiss Cottage Open Space and performed CPR for another 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
But sadly Ms Tekleab was pronounced dead at the scene.
Emergency services attended after reports that a swimmer had suffered a heart attack.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 7 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
The coroner’s office is investigating the death.