Woman who died at Swiss Cottage swimming pool is named
- Credit: Archant
A woman who died while swimming at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre has been named.
A lifeguard fought to save the life of 59-year-old Nebiat Tekleab, of Ariel Road, West Hampstead, after she disappeared under water following a suspected heart attack on Tuesday, March 18.
She was swimming at the leisure centre’s pool in Adelaide Road when she sank under water at about 11am.
The lifeguard immediately intervened and attempted to resuscitate her at the poolside.
Shocked leisure centre users watched as paramedics ran from an air ambulance that landed at nearby Swiss Cottage Open Space and performed CPR for another 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
But sadly Ms Tekleab was pronounced dead at the scene.
Emergency services attended after reports that a swimmer had suffered a heart attack.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
The coroner’s office is investigating the death.