Woman who died at Swiss Cottage swimming pool is named
- Credit: Archant
A woman who died while swimming at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre has been named.
A lifeguard fought to save the life of 59-year-old Nebiat Tekleab, of Ariel Road, West Hampstead, after she disappeared under water following a suspected heart attack on Tuesday, March 18.
She was swimming at the leisure centre’s pool in Adelaide Road when she sank under water at about 11am.
The lifeguard immediately intervened and attempted to resuscitate her at the poolside.
Shocked leisure centre users watched as paramedics ran from an air ambulance that landed at nearby Swiss Cottage Open Space and performed CPR for another 20 minutes.
But sadly Ms Tekleab was pronounced dead at the scene.
Emergency services attended after reports that a swimmer had suffered a heart attack.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
- 8 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 9 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 10 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
The coroner’s office is investigating the death.