Woman who died at Swiss Cottage swimming pool is named
- Credit: Archant
A woman who died while swimming at Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre has been named.
A lifeguard fought to save the life of 59-year-old Nebiat Tekleab, of Ariel Road, West Hampstead, after she disappeared under water following a suspected heart attack on Tuesday, March 18.
She was swimming at the leisure centre’s pool in Adelaide Road when she sank under water at about 11am.
The lifeguard immediately intervened and attempted to resuscitate her at the poolside.
Shocked leisure centre users watched as paramedics ran from an air ambulance that landed at nearby Swiss Cottage Open Space and performed CPR for another 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
But sadly Ms Tekleab was pronounced dead at the scene.
Emergency services attended after reports that a swimmer had suffered a heart attack.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
The coroner’s office is investigating the death.