Woman suffers ‘repeated, violent threats’ after asking youngster to take feet off Jubilee line train seat
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A woman was threatened by a couple of teenagers after she asked a third to take their feet off a seat on a Jubilee line train.
The girls squared up to the victim between Southwark and Finchley Road stations after the woman – who asked to remain anonymous – made her request to the third – not believed to be connected to the pair – at about 1.30pm on Saturday, October 26.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Despite her trying to reason with them, they made repeated violent threats until the woman moved away.
“Their threatening behaviour left her so intimidated, she asked fellow passengers to protect her if they attacked,” he added.
Both girls are believed to be aged between 15 and 16-years-old. One was white and had light brown hair, pulled into a ponytail, with a round face. She was wearing a dark jacket and blue jeans and a white top.
You may also want to watch:
The other girl was tanned with dark hair pulled into a ponytail. She had brown eyes and a mole under her left eye.
Officers investigating the incident are looking at mobile phone and CCTV footage, but would like to speak to any witnesses.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
Anyone with information should text 61016 with the reference 1700075757.