Woman suffers ‘repeated, violent threats’ after asking youngster to take feet off Jubilee line train seat
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A woman was threatened by a couple of teenagers after she asked a third to take their feet off a seat on a Jubilee line train.
The girls squared up to the victim between Southwark and Finchley Road stations after the woman – who asked to remain anonymous – made her request to the third – not believed to be connected to the pair – at about 1.30pm on Saturday, October 26.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Despite her trying to reason with them, they made repeated violent threats until the woman moved away.
“Their threatening behaviour left her so intimidated, she asked fellow passengers to protect her if they attacked,” he added.
Both girls are believed to be aged between 15 and 16-years-old. One was white and had light brown hair, pulled into a ponytail, with a round face. She was wearing a dark jacket and blue jeans and a white top.
You may also want to watch:
The other girl was tanned with dark hair pulled into a ponytail. She had brown eyes and a mole under her left eye.
Officers investigating the incident are looking at mobile phone and CCTV footage, but would like to speak to any witnesses.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
Anyone with information should text 61016 with the reference 1700075757.