Woman targets Highgate residents with Hampstead run club charity scam
A charity scammer who claims to raise money for a Hampstead runner with cancer has targeted residents in Highgate.
The woman has convinced a “long list” of people in The Miltons to part with their cash, according to Highgate’s Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT).
The suspect tells residents that she is taking part in a fund-raising race for a seriously ill member of Hampstead Heath’s Park Run group, which organises free weekly 5km runs on the Heath.
She then asks to take residents’ donation on the doorstep and not after the charity event.
The volunteer-run Hampstead Heath Park Run club has confirmed the woman is not acting on behalf of the group.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Highgate’s SNT has asked residents to call 101 if they are approached by the woman.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue