Woman targets Highgate residents with Hampstead run club charity scam
A charity scammer who claims to raise money for a Hampstead runner with cancer has targeted residents in Highgate.
The woman has convinced a “long list” of people in The Miltons to part with their cash, according to Highgate’s Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT).
The suspect tells residents that she is taking part in a fund-raising race for a seriously ill member of Hampstead Heath’s Park Run group, which organises free weekly 5km runs on the Heath.
She then asks to take residents’ donation on the doorstep and not after the charity event.
The volunteer-run Hampstead Heath Park Run club has confirmed the woman is not acting on behalf of the group.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Highgate’s SNT has asked residents to call 101 if they are approached by the woman.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 9 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 10 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change