Woman stabbed 15 times by crazed neighbour, court told
A WOMAN from Hornsey stabbed her neighbour 15 times with a kitchen knife as she arrived back from a shopping trip, a court has heard. Debra Koppel, 45 of Malvern Road, produced the blade from behind her back and screamed I m going to kill you at 36-year
A WOMAN from Hornsey stabbed her neighbour 15 times with a kitchen knife as she arrived back from a shopping trip, a court has heard.
Debra Koppel, 45 of Malvern Road, produced the blade from behind her back and screamed "I'm going to kill you" at 36-year-old Sibel Akkurt, the Old Bailey was told last week.
Ms Akkurt had moved into the flat last November. The same day she received a visit from Koppel, who said she was calling the police because she had been disturbed by Ms Akkurt's two-and-a-half year old daughter. When officers arrived they found nothing unusual in Ms Akkurt's home.
On March 3, Ms Akkurt returned home with her young daughter from the shops. She opened the front door of the house and saw Koppel standing in the front communal passageway. After threatening her, Koppel stabbed her 15 times on her shoulders, back and arms. Ms Akkurt shouted for help and two girls standing outside heard the cries and called the police.
You may also want to watch:
Under caution, Koppel said she was a "diagnosed schizophrenic".
Ms Akkurt received hospital treatment for slash and puncture wounds. Koppel denies attempted murder and another charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, but has already pleaded guilty to wounding. The trial continues.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans