Woman stabbed 15 times by crazed neighbour, court told
A WOMAN from Hornsey stabbed her neighbour 15 times with a kitchen knife as she arrived back from a shopping trip, a court has heard. Debra Koppel, 45 of Malvern Road, produced the blade from behind her back and screamed I m going to kill you at 36-year
A WOMAN from Hornsey stabbed her neighbour 15 times with a kitchen knife as she arrived back from a shopping trip, a court has heard.
Debra Koppel, 45 of Malvern Road, produced the blade from behind her back and screamed "I'm going to kill you" at 36-year-old Sibel Akkurt, the Old Bailey was told last week.
Ms Akkurt had moved into the flat last November. The same day she received a visit from Koppel, who said she was calling the police because she had been disturbed by Ms Akkurt's two-and-a-half year old daughter. When officers arrived they found nothing unusual in Ms Akkurt's home.
On March 3, Ms Akkurt returned home with her young daughter from the shops. She opened the front door of the house and saw Koppel standing in the front communal passageway. After threatening her, Koppel stabbed her 15 times on her shoulders, back and arms. Ms Akkurt shouted for help and two girls standing outside heard the cries and called the police.
You may also want to watch:
Under caution, Koppel said she was a "diagnosed schizophrenic".
Ms Akkurt received hospital treatment for slash and puncture wounds. Koppel denies attempted murder and another charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, but has already pleaded guilty to wounding. The trial continues.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 6 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green